Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

O2 Speakeasy Upgrade packs

• 26-11-2005 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭

Anyone bought an O2 speakeasy upgrade?

I upgraded to a NEC imode phone by buying it the O" site. It says you get €90 free credit, plus 100 free texts, and some kind of a day out.

After about 2 days I got €30 wort of credit added to my account. Checking online it shows that I have received the €30, and says I am due another €50 at a tenner a month. This only makes €80, not the €90 advertised. I didnt get the 100 free texts nor my day out voucher.

The shops don't want to know if it was bought online - its like they are 2 different companies, and emails to Customer Care go unanswered.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

When I signed a contract I was supposed to get €50 free call value and I didn't. Rang them up and it was added to my account the following month. I reckon O2 do this regularly hoping that some people just assume they got the free credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I upgraded to a NEC imode phone by buying it the O" site. It says you get €90 free credit, plus 100 free texts, and some kind of a day out.

After about 2 days I got €30 wort of credit added to my account. Checking online it shows that I have received the €30, and says I am due another €50 at a tenner a month. This only makes €80, not the €90 advertised. I didnt get the 100 free texts nor my day out voucher.

The shops don't want to know if it was bought online - its like they are 2 different companies, and emails to Customer Care go unanswered.

Can you not call customer care? 1850601747

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

I had the exact same problem...
    When I got my phone first I had a list of faults:
    Couldn't pick up coverage
    It used to jam
    Credit said only €80
    GOt no free texts

Sent it back...
    got a replacement
    still no free texts

Called up Customer Services about the credit. They said that it was just an old message and to take no notice of it. Now on my account page on o2.ie, it says that I will be getting a total of €90 credit - so all's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Means you got one of the old packs. Ring customer care, they'll check when you bought it, and they'll put the credit on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

There should have been a little card about the size of a credit card in the box. It would have been wrapped in plastic. That contained the instructions for getting your free texts. At least that was how it was when I got my upgrade earlier this year. Had no problem getting my credit. Got €30 straight away and €10 a month since then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement