Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

W550i

• 26-11-2005 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Just bought 1 of these bad boys today on speakeasy upgrade for €299 which gives me €90 credit and 100 free txts which aint bad if i say so my self.

The phone is cool lookin, the swivel is nice and smooth (though a little hard with 1 hand). You get 2 covers the orange and the pearl white both are nice.
    When closed its about the same size as a K700i only a little thicker.

Its still chargin now so ill report back when ive played wit it for a little while.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just seen that phone recently myself... I do like how SE are bringing out a nice new range of phones.

I don't like the swival myself though, and the phone seems a bit thick. Can't say I've actually used it for any amount of time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Cool phone but for 299, it's way too price. Only 256 unexpandable memory? I'd rather pay the extra for the K750i and an extra memory card, that or get the W800i on contract with Meteor. Unless of course the 256 is fine for you, in which case, you got a great little phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yeh, the lack of memory card slots is what a lot of the new phones are missing... all these bells but missing that final whistle :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

it's €40 cheaper on the o2 online shop ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

carrotcake wrote:
    it's €40 cheaper on the o2 online shop ;)
    so i noticed ah well. wat can ya do

The non expandable memory doesnt bother me too much i just want a few songs for when im travellin from a to b i dont need my music collection in my phone.

It isnt really that thick not like the s700i.

The games are cool worms fort 3d, a 3d snow boarding game and guantlet.

The radio is crystal clear and the sound is very good.
    The mp3 player/walkman is very good. loud, great quality and easy to use the loud speakers (yes as in loud stero speakers) are really loud for a phone.
    The ear phones are nice and comfortable. but i might change them to a different pair

Call quality is very good and signal reception is better than the K700i

Cant really comment on the battery life its at 48% but i have been using it heavily

I was originally gonna get the W800i but this phone started to grow on me plus the W800i on meteor is sold out country wide i checked 5 CPWs and none had it and they wont be gettin it till after chrimbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Richie6904 wrote:
    I was originally gonna get the W800i but this phone started to grow on me plus the W800i on meteor is sold out country wide i checked 5 CPWs and none had it and they wont be gettin it till after chrimbo

There's a few in Limerick (O'Connell St) but that's probably no good to you now :)

Advertisement