Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eh...Help? (I think)

• 26-11-2005 6:39pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm finding my connection is really slow the last few days, but I have no clue about any of the technical stuff. All I can say is; I live in Stillorgan, I'm have Irish Broadband "Ripwave" and that the download time is like the 38K connection in my parents house in Wicklow.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/

Speedtest there.
    All I know is Ripwave is a bit unpredictable... I'm sure plenty of users here will help you out with more technical stuff.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

whiskeyman wrote:
    http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/

Speedtest there.
    All I know is Ripwave is a bit unpredictable... I'm sure plenty of users here will help you out with more technical stuff.
    Cheers man.

I tried it a few times and kept getting different results, ranging from 20.8Kbps to 176Kbps none of which were that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ripwave is notorious for being crap - actually IBB are notorious for being crap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Hi, I'm finding my connection is really slow the last few days, but I have no clue about any of the technical stuff. All I can say is; I live in Stillorgan, I'm have Irish Broadband "Ripwave" and that the download time is like the 38K connection in my parents house in Wicklow.

Any ideas?

ripwave? thats ure problem right there

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Right, have to be having words with the land-lord so. Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement