Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

worst phone?

• 26-11-2005 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

What does everyone think is the worst phone around now? i know mean in terms of features etc, i mean failure rate. my vote is for the motorola v220. i'd be surprised to hear that anything less than 50% of those phones are faulty. in my shop there's a burn hole in the mouse mat from one where the battery melted inside the phone. what do you all think is the worst phone ever made?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Good post.I think the worst one is the Nokia 1100 featurwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got to be the Nokia 3510, so many people have/had these. Ugly as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Anything by Siemens really....impossible things to navigate around!

lol 3510 remember that.........

Ive been offered a N70 for 170euro yessssss! (sorry had to say that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

liamskater wrote:
    Good post.I think the worst one is the Nokia 1100 featurwise

Not every phone needs "features", most phones have too many badly thought out features.

My dad has a Motorola v220. It has had a hard 12 months, but apart from a period loosing its charge within 24hours, it has been OK.

Worst phone I ever had was the Siemens c65. I used to love Siemens, and had a s45 for 3years, and before that a M35 and before that a c25. However the c65 was a disaster. Poor battery life (2 days, only 1 if you made any few calls), and it crashed at lest once every 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

mine has got to be the nokia 3650 omg its ugly and crap with the circle of numbers around it and is huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Dr J wrote:
    Got to be the Nokia 3510, so many people have/had these. Ugly as hell.

I have one, It makes and takes Calls , and makes and takes SMS!
    Does exactly what it says on the tin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

have the 3510i since the day it came out, fantastic phone.
    I personally hate siemens(can't remember the type atm)...their batteries are so so bad. Well the one I had anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

3510i since the day it came out?? like 4 years? new record!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My beef with the 3510i was that it was huge, had a terrible resolution on the screen as well. But mainly around the time I was looking for a new phone that was the cheapest one you could get on prepay and was €129 and represents to me just how much off a rip off phones are. I signed a contract in the end just to get a decent phone for under €300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think the 3200 is the worst phone around today.

it's ugly and clunky and i can't get use to using them awkward buttons

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

liamskater wrote:
    3510i since the day it came out?? like 4 years? new record!
    Cost a good 300 and something euro I think back then I think.
    I have dropped it a thousand times, thrown it against stuff and it has even survived being submerged in water a few times, all the letters an numbers have worn off though :)

I was going in to get a 3510 and the guy in the shop said that the new model was out that day and so I had a look, got it. That's how I know it was out that day, not 'omg the new phone is out!!'
    ^^

300 and something? Nah i got it the month it came out and it was 190

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Wasn't his questions about RELIABILITY and didn't he specifically say he didn't mean FEATURES?

No? That was just me... I'm gonna go now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Firstly, the 1100 and the 1101 are great phones. They call. They text. They receive calls. They receive texts. They're cheap. They have a great battery life. They're easy to use. Do they crash? No. Do they break easily? No. I've sold hundreds of them and about 3 have come back. That's a good percentage. While they may not have features, they're designed to be phones, not cameras, mp3 players or whatever.

The worst phones I have seen recently are the Siemens CFX65. There's at least a 50% failure rate. A girl brought one in to get repaired. She got it back and the next day it was broken again. She returned it for repair again. Got it back. 24 hours later, broken. This happened twice more before they just gave her a new phone. Horrible thing.

Other contenders for worst (current) phones are the Sagem MyC3, the VK 500 and the Motorola V3 (yeah, you heard me. It may look alright but it's a ****e phone).

Worst phones I've ever had/played with are the Siemens MC60, Nokia 3200 and the Nokia N-Gage (the QD is a bit of an improvment). Also the 3250 (with the weird buttons) gets a mention.

liamskater wrote:
    300 and something? Nah i got it the month it came out and it was 190
    Ah on further thought think it was 220 and shortly after a friend got it for 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The worst phones I have seen recently are the Siemens CFX65.

That doesn't surprise me in the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Motorola V525, had to get it repaired 3 times for the same fault, then it heated up and burnt me. Now have a Nokia 6100 and it's perfect, all I use a phone for is ringing and texting, and it does that no bother. Nothing fancy added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

motorola V535. ive had NOTHING but trouble with this stupid phone.

it randomly turns itself off. it sometimes decides it just doesnt want to give me my messages unless i turn it off and turn it back on again (could be hours later). and the display sometimes just turns itself upside down.

went into o2 about it, was more bothered by the problems with the messages than anything else, and the guy said to try a new sim, maybe it was cause mine was just old. but NO. the phone is CRAP! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Hmm... Well i moved from a 3330 to a Moto c350, and i was back using the 3330 within a month. Very slow phone and TERRIBLE battery life, it was nice and small too, one of the first phones with colour screen but no MMS, like a crap 3510i really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its pretty much the way i thought it would be*. its been my experience in my shop and a big survey about faulty phones. motorola just cannot make phones. their shoddy workmanship and ineptitude knows no bounds. people of boards, you have been warned.

my manager told me about a guy that had an nec phone that caught fire in his shirt pocket. as proof he showed the melted phone, the burned shirt and his burned chest. he sued nec for his medical bills plus the price of his shirt :D :v:

*except for the people who posted about phones they don't like rather than unreliable ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

its pretty much the way i thought it would be*. its been my experience in my shop and a big survey about faulty phones. motorola just cannot make phones. their shoddy workmanship and ineptitude knows no bounds. people of boards, you have been warned.

yeah, i would NEVER go near a motorola phone again. despite the lovely pinkness of some of their new 1s... but no! i'll never buy a motorola again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

sar84 wrote:
    yeah, i would NEVER go near a motorola phone again. despite the lovely pinkness of some of their new 1s... but no! i'll never buy a motorola again

My gf's last two phones were motorola's, now I know they invented the mobile phone but they still seem to have alot to learn when it comes to phone GUI's
    Even Sony seem to do a better job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Alot of people are posting phones that are crap now as opposed to actually poor inferior phones.

The 3510i was king in the day! I remember paying almost 300 for one when they were literally a few days old. No-one else had them; they were one of the first color phones most people had seen. I was so proud. Now I wouldn't be seen dead with one. :D

Seriously though. Worst phones, here are some contenders:

Siemems mc60 - Apalling Camera phone, crap for even its time.
    Siemens C65 - So Dodgey. Keeps turning off for no reason to name one among many problems.
    Motorola v220 - Piece of crap. Words cannot explain.
    Nokia 3650 - Software wise, grand. More then grand actually. Design wise - Terrible. I mean, a circle keypad? Had one for weeks and took me about 5 minutes to write one message even at the time I sold it.
    Motorold c350 - Contender to the 3510i at the time. So many crappy software issues.
    3200 - Ugly as hell phones. Again, software its okay, just crap design and piss poor hardware (camera being the worst of its generation despite its initial outrageous price)

Seeings as I go through about 6 phones a year I've seen a hell of alot of pathetic phones but those above ones spring to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Angelica

sar84 wrote:
    motorola V535. ive had NOTHING but trouble with this stupid phone.

it randomly turns itself off. it sometimes decides it just doesnt want to give me my messages unless i turn it off and turn it back on again (could be hours later). and the display sometimes just turns itself upside down.

went into o2 about it, was more bothered by the problems with the messages than anything else, and the guy said to try a new sim, maybe it was cause mine was just old. but NO. the phone is CRAP! :mad:

Sar84, if you have the phone less than a year, ask for a new one or a refund. I've had mine nearly nine months and its been fixed three times but still doesn't receive text messages most of the time until I switch it on and off. I rang up o2 and they said they'd give me a new phone (bought it online so any model in o2 online shop to the value of what I paid or less) or a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Basically ANYTHING from motorolla, i dont let people buy em from me anymore.
    their a pathetic excuse for a manufacturer and how their still in business or even allowed ply their trade i just cant figure out!!

See above but change Motorolla to Siemens.
    That poppy phone is ugly as f**k, they think calling it poppy will cover up the fact that its useless. Siemens brought out the SL55 last xmas and we had nothing but grief from em after xmas and i cant imagine this one being any difft. Siemens poppy?? more like a SPUD!!

But the current most useless piece of junk is the nokia 8800. now we've only ordered this phone in for about 3 difft customers but we've had to exchange it for every one of them and one customer is on their THIRD exchanged model!!! For the best part of grand this phone is a f**king joke. whats so special about it like?? But anyways if your willing to spend that much on a shiny lump of metal maybe you need a slap of reality. i mean a nokia 1101 does the same anything (but better from what ive seen!!) for a only 49 euro.

with mobile phones LESS truly is MORE hence the success and popularity of the nokia's
    6310i

bar the 6310i,which had bluetooth, all are/were basic phones with basic functions and thus much more reliable models than the shi*e we have to pedal these days.
    pink phones,poppy phones,razor phones??? get a grip. calls and texts are all ya want!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm temped to say a V3 because I have one, and it has a lot of design faults. However as a small factor phone it works. Good reception, small, ok battery life 2.5 days. Problem is mainly with the slow response of the GUI. Its ok of you are not a heavy user, but if you are you'll hate it. Personally I like it because its so thin, light and small, you don't notice it in your pocket. I like the customisation you can do of the GUI. So its a bad phone and a good one.

Advertisement