Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcelain tiles in kitchen - Yes or No

Options
  • 26-11-2005 10:07pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads
    We are thinking of putting a lovely porcelain tile in out kitchen. But a few people say we are mad as they are mental slipping and will kill us!!!

So based on ur experiences, have ye found them good bad or ugly!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

yop wrote:
    Lads
    We are thinking of putting a lovely porcelain tile in out kitchen. But a few people say we are mad as they are mental slipping and will kill us!!!

So based on ur experiences, have ye found them good bad or ugly!!!

Cheers

I reckon yud better brush up on your ice skating skills there pardner,

more dangerous than a Missouri boat ride.

kadman;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I tiles the whole downstairs including the Kitchen in Polished Porcelain last year. They're not slippy at all. Obviously when you mop them they are slippy like any other tile. but in general they are not slippy and they are extremely hard wearing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Yes, Have them in my kitchen for 9 years, they are not slippy and also keep a few spare. If you drop something heavy like a pot on the tiles they may crack.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lads, good to hear, except Kadman ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Schira

We have glazed porcelain tiles on our kitchen floor and haven't had any problem with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

Last week we got most of the groundfloor (less the living room, approx 40 sq yards in total) done with polished porcelain - no problems so far! :D

Advertisement