Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Alarm & Dialler

Options
  • 26-11-2005 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Anyone ever buy and install their own house alarm? I'm looking for one that we can ourselves. Ideally, a wire free one and is there one where you can fit a mobile (087, 086, 085) card for the dialling. The telephone wire to our house can be cut too easily.
    Roughly how much would I want to spend on the system?
    Where is the best place to purchase?
    I'm based near Limeirck, should I go to an alarm co. or somewhere like B&Q?

I need to cover 3 downsatirs doors, 5 d/s windows and 7 u/s windows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Wireless & GSM Dialler? It wont come cheep doing it that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Buy from an american website, shipping is about €50 but you can save a grand buying a complete wireless set for about €230.

Tbh tho the shipping can be ****ty, a relative or mate in to receive and repost is possibly the best way.

http://homesecuritystore.com

or google" wireless alarm " and go for .coms usually american companies which sell mainly and usually only to americans.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just an idea, but you could use a standard dialer, but use a second connection to your line, can be very hard to do or very easy depending on your house.

For example my parents built a new house about a year ago and when we were wiring it I connected 2 wires to the phone line one under the ground that goes directly to the alarm box and the other one was connected by eircom in the white junction box in the wall. So they can cut the line all they want but it won't affect the alarm dialler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Pataman wrote:

Thats one heap of DIY crap ..I wouldn,t put it on an outside bog!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jenny_H

beller b wrote:
    Wireless & GSM Dialler? It wont come cheep doing it that way!

What about going wireless and a dialler connected to my telephone line? What are the costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

beller b wrote:
    Thats one heap of DIY crap ..I wouldn,t put it on an outside bog!

Whatever about the alarm feature, I use the gsm dialler and it works perfectly triggered by a standard alarm.

Advertisement