Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

taskbar woes

• 26-11-2005 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

you know that description that if you hover your mouse over an icon on your quick launch or your systray you get a description of what that icon does?

mine seems to be hidden by the taskbar itself (see attached print screen)

anyway to fix this?

as you can see my paint skills aren't that great :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It happens occasionally.

Just a Windows **** up, really. Nothing can be done, AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

You have changed the task bar to double height. You can see 2 rows of icons. Grab it on the top and pull it down to half it's size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

dingding wrote:
    You have changed the task bar to double height. You can see 2 rows of icons. Grab it on the top and pull it down to half it's size.
    Some people prefer having two (or more) rows...it happens with single row taskbars too. It's annoying :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BTW: In powertoys ,TweakUI , General , you have two options
    enable ToolTip animation
    enable ToolTip fade

I've found that if you move the taskbar to the top of the screen many apps put the windows title bar behind the taskbar - so not sure if app or OS problem

so try the task bar on all sides and check/uncheck the lock/autohide/on top options if available to ID what works and what does not,

also have a look at http://www.annoyances.org if lucky you will find a fix, otherwise just look at all the other niggles in windows which could have been sorted out if they didn't keep changing the user interface (and intergrating IE in to in /rant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol a reboot fixed the problem thanks all for you help, capt'n that's a nice site will be using that from now on.
    dingding wrote:

well aware of that :p, i like to have it that way so i can have a load of quick launch items on top.

• Advertisement
Advertisement