Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rejection

• 27-11-2005 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Over the last 2 months at school I've got to know the girl really well. Nicest person to talk to and ever so interesting. I've fallen for her big time, at a disco there tonight I told her how I felt, didn't go down so well. Then I seen her with another lad. Just ruins your whole night ye know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

aw sorry to hear that, rejection is never nice, are ya still mates tho? what age are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

I'm 15, she's 14, yeah we are still mates..but knowing this world we live in it aint enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

EFC-4eva wrote:
    I'm 15, she's 14, yeah we are still mates..but knowing this world we live in it aint enough.

Rejection is never easy mate.The only thing that I could tell ya is that you WILL get over her but it will take time.These are the things you have to go through because they do make you stronger and the next time you face an experience like this you will be able to handle it better because you will be able to call on your previous experience to help you out.

On a much more positive note, its only a matter of time before you meet someone who likes you as much as you like them.

Chin up;)

Dan;)

Forgot to mention I live in blessington sorry, all the girls go for the sham sandwiches.

EFC-4eva wrote:
    Forgot to mention I live in blessington sorry, all the girls go for the sham sandwiches.

Thats cleared everything up then!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Never mind that, it just makes it hard to find nice girls. She's in my school..

What is a sham sandwich bro???

yea i aint from blessington, so not aware of that phrase??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

it's a nice phrase tho :D

if you told her you supported everton it may have been your problem ha ha just kidding it could be worse.

seriously though your only 15 and im afraid rejection comes part and parcel of growing up. i know only too well.

move on and show her what shes missing.

remeber every no is one step closer to a yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

Treat them mean to keep them kean(sp?) :)

In my experience so far never tell a girl you love her/really like her untill you're well established as partners, especially a teenaged girl. By the way I think everyone in the whole world has been trough this. You don't love her, you have romanticized her in your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Firstly- presuming youre still mad about this girl, its not the end of the world, and you may have a chance with her some time in the future.

More importantly tho dude- 3 things.

Firstly the fact that you had the guts to tell her means you have balls of steel.

The fact that you could come and discuss it on a forum means youre mature and in touch with your emotions.

Also, the fact that youre glad of her friendship and didnt turn against her when she "rejected" you means youre more of a man then most men my age.

I guarentee youll meet lots more crackin girls in the next few months and years. It wont be long before youre able to have a pint in the pub and check out the abundance of great girls Ireland has to offer.

You have a good attitude and it will serve you well. When you do strike gold, whoever she is, shes gonna wanna keep you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yes you actually handles this very well indeed. take care.

fair play to you, at 15 having the balls to tell her how u feel, and guys a lot older than u, cant pluck up the courage when they're in the same situation as you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

fair play to you, at 15 having the balls to tell her how u feel, and guys a lot older than u, cant pluck up the courage when they're in the same situation as you ;)
    ah you see now when i was 15, i had the bottle to ask a girl out etc no bother, but nowadays i seem to have lost the plot in this regard altogether....

maybe the childhood innocence is gone?

i think its more i've lost the unstopable drive for some action brought on by puberty.

however, i think i jus recentlyt hit PubertyII, if that makes any sense :rolleyes:

i just checked your age theire to see what age puberty II hits at, your only 20, i thought u were older :D

its all so new and shiny at 15, huh? what happened to the good old days...

i think puberty hits every 5 years or so...

yeah girls were very new and shiney at 15:D , come to think of it, they're just as new and shiney today 5 years on...oh how depressing:(

so im due a puberty hit next year?? :eek:

well guys are not so new and shiny as they were 4 years ago unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

obviously meeting the wrong guys, some of us are still blindingly shiny;)

is that so? i must be missing out :( you'll have to direct me to some shinier (happier??) people :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

womoma wrote:
    Firstly- presuming youre still mad about this girl, its not the end of the world, and you may have a chance with her some time in the future.

Firstly the fact that you had the guts to tell her means you have balls of steel.

The fact that you could come and discuss it on a forum means youre mature and in touch with your emotions.

Also, the fact that youre glad of her friendship and didnt turn against her when she "rejected" you means youre more of a man then most men my age.

I guarentee youll meet lots more crackin girls in the next few months and years. It wont be long before youre able to have a pint in the pub and check out the abundance of great girls Ireland has to offer.

You have a good attitude and it will serve you well. When you do strike gold, whoever she is, shes gonna wanna keep you.

thats very inspiring man

if i wasnt such an anti social prick i'd be hella motivated

top marks man good well put together post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭sideFX

EFC-4eva wrote:
    Sorry to here that bro, happened me more than I care to remember. I know it's not easy but try put it down to experience. The bad news is it will prob happen again! If you're ugly like me it will, lol! The good news is you seem lile a nice genuine bloke so I'd say she'll be kicking herself sooner or later.
    Be good and happy hunting! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭sideFX

womoma wrote:

Well put. Listen the man, he speaks the truth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

EFC-4eva, look at the plus side Everton won at the weekend, things are looking up already!

been there myself before man and it doesnt get any easier
    theres always confusion, indecision and wrong decision.......
    but you have to keep on trying

In my experience so far never tell a girl you love her/really like her untill you're well established as partners, especially a teenaged girl. By the way I think everyone in the whole world has been trough this. You don't love her, you have romanticized her in your head.[/QUOTE]

you hit the nail on the face there man!!

yeah i know all ye's are saying is true, i'll get there its just hard to watch her falling for someone else.

EFC-4eva wrote:
    yeah i know all ye's are saying is true, i'll get there its just hard to watch her falling for someone else.

not to worry i know how you feel. if i had 1 euro everytime i was rejected i could retire and live in a villa in the costa del sol.

if i were you id move on and get your game going with other girls. it may show the former what shes missing.

when your single and see every one around you is getting together it feels as if your stranded on a desert island. the truth is your not alone.

• Advertisement

sideFX wrote:
    If you're ugly like me it will, lol! D

i found out to my cost that looks are not everything.

they help but they are not the whole package, else id be worn out from all the sex, lol!!!!

Advertisement