Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing some beer from outside EU

Options
  • 27-11-2005 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what are the limits, excise, taxes to be paid on beer if I import it from outside EU over the internet?
    I'm thinking of getting a quantity worth less than €70, cannot source the beer brand in Ireland.
    Is it just the limit of €175 per person like as applicable per Irish person travelling to Ireland or is there different regulations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Not sure but I doubt you have any limit at all to buy alcohol without paying excise. The travel allowance is that exactley an allowance for those who travel.

I'm sure it is here somewhere

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/

What beer is it as I doubt you can't get it here? The best beers in the world are European anyway:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Couldn't find limit for importing on oasis(:
    Beer is Veltins, available to import from usa and uk, but alot cheaper to import from usa hence the original question :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

You will be taxed as usual. No duty free allowance applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Is there a limit though to importing alcohol?
    Anyway, found beer at local off-licence above all places who have a range of german beers.:):)

Advertisement