Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of Meat Ireland V Germany

• 27-11-2005 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

(I have no idea in which topic this should be posted.Sorry if its in the wrong place)

Anyways.
    I have had this argument a number of times,(mostly with germans) the quality of Irish meat compared to the German meat. I believe Irish meat to be of way higher quality than that of the german suppliers. Ive lived in Germany for over 15 months, travelled through the country on the train numerous times and i dont know if i can picture one time that i saw cattle grazing on the fields....
    Im curious if anybody has any factual information on the treatment of meat in both Ireland and germany.
    Its just i cant understand how anyone can say that german meat is not alone good, but better than irish meat. The irish meat tastes a million times better
    And no im not just being patriotic :)

Any input would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I disagree. No particular reason apart from I prefer German meat. Austrian is better though. Stick to the pork and you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Irish pork products are nowhere near as tasty relative to German pork products. As far as I know, the beef that I had in Germany wasn't German (they aren't big producers of beef products). I reckon it's more down to the butchers there than the way they rear their livestock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

interesting replies because the opinion of many of the irish that i met there was pretty much the same as mine and also whenever i was going home for a few days, many of my german friends were begging me to bring back some irish sausages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

austrian meat products ftw, and you can quote me on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I love having the arguement abotu sausages with my family and friends. They all hate the taste of German sausages and say they dont taste like pork and arent as nice. The part I particularly love is when I take a packet of Irish sausages (denny etc) and point out that the reason for the difference is that here you are eating a suasge with 56 - 58 % pork wheres the german ones are in the high 90's , which accounts for the taste. I eat Irish sausages but dont like to think what the 40 odd % of "filler" is.

I love German meat generally and love when I go to visit relative sand when my Granny comes over she always brings some. Having said that I'm a big meat eater so it's rare for me to tuen my nose up at any meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Some people are probably having different perceptions of 'German meat'...

At first glance, when I think German meat, I think of the rubber packaged stuff you get in Aldi.

But after copping on, memories of a market in Berlin in 2003 came flooding back. I can remember eating 2 BBQ'ed sausages which cost sweet f*ck all and were prob the nicest sausages I had ever eaten.

** Har har, I just said I eat sausage... Waits for the f4g bashers to point and laugh ** :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Irish beef is delicious. I have never tasted better beef than what you get here (and in the UK to a limited extent as well).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Irish pork products are nowhere near as tasty relative to German pork products.

definitely true, the difference is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Irish Bacon is the best in the world, I must say. Nothing beats Denny Hickory rashers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭sideFX

tbh I wouldn't know but I always have arguments with the local butcher when buying chicken wings. I always insist on left wings but he keeps giving right wings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to Food/Drink.

Advertisement