Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair times for iPods?

• 27-11-2005 2:33am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing it may depend on the issue, but generally how long should I expect to wait for an iPod repair? It's a 30GB iPod photo that's giving me the Sad iPod icon and won't let me charge or reset it.

I'm residing in the UK at the moment, would it be quicker to bring it into an apple store or does it work out any quicker than getting a repair box mailed to me?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

ipods lol

well done for buying one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ipods lol

well done for buying one

yes, thanks for that.

Now, let's avoid the moronic "creative/sony/phillips/everyone is better than the ipod and you're a fool and a homosexual dog with no ears for thinking otherwise" argument and leave it at that.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'd have assumed it would be quicker to ring them. They talk you through some troubleshooting stuff and if that doesn't work, they send out a package for the ipod and you send it in to them. I've heard reports vary from 3-4 days to 2 weeks. Never done it myself but its meant be a pretty smooth process, Apple having probably the best RMA for any MP3 player now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

LOL @ homeosexual dog with no ears.... that's gotta hurt :D

As for repair times - always faster to deal with Apple direct. If you bring it back to the shop they'll only go through Apple on your behalf.. and it could be a week before they even log it with Apple, and a week before they let you know it's back.

Advertisement