Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Encountered a problem and needs to close

• 27-11-2005 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Im sure a few of ye have seen that box that pops up..

________ has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience.
    Please tell microsoft about this problem..
    We have created an error report that you can send to us.We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
    Send error report Dont send

When you click dont send it just forces the application to close...

anyone know how to stop this window from popping up.
    it happens every now and then with a few programs.
    i tryed reinstalling the program but didnt help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Tiesto wrote:
    anyone know how to stop this window from popping up.
    it happens every now and then with a few programs.
    i tryed reinstalling the program but didnt help

There is no way of stopping this window from popping up - it is an information window telling you of a problem with a piece of software.

Does the error mention a specific dll (such as kernel32.dll)? It might give an indication as to where the problem may be.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Usually it happens in office ( then again that's the main app that our users use ) and it is so annoyingly vague
    What were you doing ?
    Is it reproducable ?
    probably not unless it's document specific - in which case try save as to a different format or open in openoffice and resave - turn off fast save in word and turn always create backup copy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭irishgeo

right click my computer>properties >select tab called advanced, click on the button called error reporting. then select the radio button disable error reporting. i would advice select the advice me on critical errors checkbox just in case.

then the pop up with the send dont send wont appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

1. Right click on the My Computer icon on the desktop
    2. Select Properties / Advanced
    3. Click on the Error Reporting tab
    4. Check Disable error reporting

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

xpantispyware has an option to disable reporting, and lots of other useful little options too. - but it doesn't solve the original problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement