Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which should I buy? March, Micra or Fiesta

Options
  • 27-11-2005 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm buying my first car and I would really appreciate some advice. I've seen four models I'm particularly interested in, all of which are 5 door and have power steering:

1997 Nissan March 1.0L 40,000miles asking for EUR3.2K (3mo guarantee)
    1998 Nissan March 1.0L 20,000 miles asking for EUR4 (3mo)
    1999 Nissan Micra 1.0L 50,000miles asking for EUR4.2K (?mo)
    1999 Ford Fiesta 1.25L Zetech 80,000 miles asking for EUR3.8 (6mo)

The Nissan March would appear to be the best value but I'm reluctant to buy an imported car. The sellers have said it is the same as the micra and replacement/repair parts would be no problem but I'm not sure if this is true or not. I also really like the Fiesta but there the milage worries me. Would I be paying too much for the car with the most on the clock?

Any advice or personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Personally from that list I'd say the 98 March, I wouldn't worry about it been an imprt.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

irish1 wrote:
    Personally from that list I'd say the 98 March, I wouldn't worry about it been an imprt.
    Do you know is it difficult to get parts/repair work done on a March?

I can't say for certain but I really doubt it, if I could get parts for my imported Swift I'm sure you will get parts for a march no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I think I'll offer 3.5K for the Fiesta and see if I can get it for less than 3.6K. I know the milage is high but it is the only car coming with a 6month parts and labour guarantee. And a little part of me really doesn't want to be driving a Micra!!!

Well I can understand you preferring a Fiesta to a micra, and for looks I would certainly prefer a Fiesta, but Value for money wise I would take a 98 March with 20k on the clock and a 3 month Warranty ahead of a 99 Fiesta with 80k on the clock a 6 month warranty any day of the week,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Will you be able to enjoy bends & roundabouts in a Micra? 'Cos you've at least some chance in the Fiesta.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

If you are buying anything, I would try to do it through a dealership. I had a Fiesta and never had any bother. I also had an old Micra, and hated it, one of the really old models though. The 1.25 Zetec engine is good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Id go with the march.That and the micra both use the same parts(insurance companies just like totell you they have to *import* parts for import cars.)

March's also will have electrics/powersteering/Ac as standard where im unsure of what model micras came with the above

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Fiesta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Fiesta, the mileage would not be unusual for the age. And it is one of the newest. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement