Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solos Are Back!!

• 27-11-2005 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Blabbermouth.net has just posted the following:

In the latest issue of Guitar World, which is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the release of METALLICA's landmark "Master of Puppets" album, METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett gets quizzed by the magazine readers and a host of metal luminaries, including MASTODON, LAMB OF GOD, EXODUS, EVERY TIME I DIE and AVENGED SEVENFOLD. A few excerpts from the question-and-answer session follow

Zacky Vengeance (AVENGED SEVENFOLD): I ****ing loved "St. Anger". It seemed like you went back to your roots, said "**** you!" and did something totally different. And though I can see that dropping the solos was part of that attitude, I do miss them. When you record your next album, are you gonna throw some solos back on it?

Kirk Hammett: "For the next album, Lars is going to be sitting there with his snare drum, and I'm going to come in and play a 78-minute guitar solo. Then James is going to scream over it while Rob puts his low end on there. [laughs] Just kidding, man.

"To be quite honest, I think the band misses solos just as much as the fans do. I mean, I play guitar solos every day! We've all expressed the fact that we think guitar solos are fun. They're dynamic, expressive and another distinct aspect of METALLICA's music. And we miss that aspect."

Thank God they have seen sense and are bring solos back for the new album.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, but given the fact he's gone wah-happy, what calibre of solo's will he produce? I don't hold up much hope personally. The real Metallica is long gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, what issue of Guitar World is this? The newest issue I have is the Holiday issue with "The Album That Changed My Life" on the cover...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Lets hope his little sabbatical (Black Sabbatical :v: :v: ) from solos had breathed fresh life into his lead writing skills. Although I'm not sure even that would be enough to make me think about getting their next album.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Hrm, what issue of Guitar World is this? The newest issue I have is the Holiday issue with "The Album That Changed My Life" on the cover...:confused:

January issue went on sale on 22nd but hav'nt seen it anywhere yet. I personally think(and hope:D ) it's a positive step and hopefully they will be back to thier best on the next album.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

WAHHHHHHHHHH
    Good boy Kirk.

*pats on head*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Even Chris Poland and Marty Friedman trying to outdo each other couldn't have salvaged the steaming pile of soft poop that was Stanger. What use are great solos if the music is garbage and uninspired?

... Oh yeah, Cacophony excluded, of course :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

to be honest metallica died a long time ago, the last song they released that was any bit good was i dissapear, most of load and reload was total SH ITE and dont even get me started on st.anger.Still though would be kickass to see the old metallica back for there new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Patricide wrote:
    the last song they released that was any bit good was i dissapear

Are you joking? Honestly, are you? Because that song was garbage. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Are you joking? Honestly, are you? Because that song was garbage. :v:

Yeah it was bad, so very very bad.

Advertisement