Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap but good digital cameras

• 27-11-2005 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

I want to get my brother and his wife a new digital camera, their old one broke during the week and I wanna get them one soon, cos its my nephews christening in a few weeks. I wanna get it for them this week, so any hints on where to go? How much, whats good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Define cheap!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Around €100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The kodaks are ok. I have one and have used another. they are really simple to use with mode selection on top, e.g. a sport mode for action shots to stop blurring.
    My mates have expensive cameras, and rarely bring them out for fear of damaging them, defeats the purpose. all this 8megapixel stuff is overkill. Even 1.3 is bigger than most peoples desktop size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Check argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

There's a place I walk by alot that seems to have lots of brand names at around the €100 mark. Can't remember what it's called but it's on upper Liffey St, D1, between Marks and Spencer and Golden discs. Try and get one that has the shortest lag time possible (time between pressing the button and the camera picture being taken). Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement