Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces - Opinions and Impressions

Options
  • 27-11-2005 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Got the ex pack on Friday, been busy or out most of the weekend spent as much time as I would have liked to playing the game.

However, what I've seen so far has impressed me. I'm liking the new maps, the new kit additions such as the grappling hook and the zipline (which really rocks). Haven't got an opinion about the new eapons yet due to the lack of time playing.

Had a few games online, best one so far was on the TIG server yesterday, Jimeatsmenu and Dragonslayer were on there, was a good laugh, played some good maps.

Iron Gator sucks though, I keep getting lost.
    Also, finding it very difficult to navigate and see on Devils Perch.

Add your opinions...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Impressed so far, that F2000 gun is f***ing awesome.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I am majorly confused.

I unlocked 4 guns in Spec Forces. When I logged in again, they'd vanished and I couldn't use them on any of the maps.

Then I got annoyed and went off to play regular BF2. Where I had access to the 4 unlocks. (The F2000, the G36E, something else and something else) but I still can't use them in S/F.

Not sociable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I think you get certain weapons with cetains groups, f2000 is with the SAS, so you'll only get it when you're the brits, same with the others methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Silverfish wrote:
    I am majorly confused.

I unlocked 4 guns in Spec Forces. When I logged in again, they'd vanished and I couldn't use them on any of the maps.

Then I got annoyed and went off to play regular BF2. Where I had access to the 4 unlocks. (The F2000, the G36E, something else and something else) but I still can't use them in S/F.

Not sociable.

They aren't an unlock but are just standard kit in SF, in BF2 they become a secondary unlock.. I hate SF it's a bloody nightmare to get running on 32 + player servers, my frame rate is crap barely above single digits and it lags like hell on some maps :( I doubt if when they tested it thy ever had more then a handfull of players on the server, i'm starting to get very fed up with the whole BF2 thing, it really has to be the most shoddy release of a game i've come across..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

PLayed lastnight and got like 200 points... Think it's extremely easy to rack up the points.

Bugged to sh!t though. The OIWC (F2000) is way too powerful though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Those night vision maps are possibly the stupidest thing i have ever seen. Its near impossible to see anything unless you bump into them.
    Weapons seem overpowered cant wait to get onto Bf2 servers with them:rolleyes:

The Hooks and Lines are stupid its like a deadly team of ninjas running about.

At least you can drive the forklift.

Thank god i didnt have to pay for this out my own money.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

The only thing i like about SF are the weapons and quad bikes. Bf2 got a much needed injection of variety now with flashbangs and decent guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

When are the TiG servers populated? Whenever I try them they are always empty or maybe have 2 other people on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I got the last two copies last monday at gamestop,its the only shop in cork that is stocking it.We played it monday night for a few hours.I dont really like it much the maps are tiny for the most part and the ship map is just one big maze?The night vision is just a gimmik,it shows up highlights to blinding effect,the quad bikes look as if they are on ice when you ride them in the thirdperson perspective.Eight maps in total...there should be more.Ill play it for another while yet maybe it will get better as I play it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Overall I like it.

Only things that annoy me are nightvision and the awesome laggyness. But hey, there'll be a patch right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

But hey, there'll be a patch right?

Yes its an Expansion Pack called, Urban Terror Ninja assault commandos.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Started playing it last monday! nobody ever seems to be on TIG server so playing on random servers!! very good and love the choppers. Seem to be abit slower turn than normal chopper but on the map where you have to take over the boat you can whop ass in the chopper!!

F2000 is class but the RPG seem to be very over strenght. Got hit once by RPG and it took out a tank! not even hit on the ass of tank:mad: even the guy that hit me couldnt believe it. The night map where you have to open the gates isnt the best. Also how do you open the gates? is there a switch somewhere?

Apart from that its good. Having a good laugh but not as good as normal BF2 yet! needs a few patchs....load times are brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Big Nelly wrote:
    needs a few patchs....load times are brutal.

you know with all the money dice and ea have you would think they could produce just one game that wasnt ultra laggy buggy unblanced and now stupidly system heavy (for me anyway) bunch of tossers tbh

M60/law combo FTW!

KdjaC wrote:
    Yes its an Expansion Pack called, Urban Terror Ninja assault commandos.

kdjac
    They're better be pirates!!

Pirates Vs. Ninjas....someone better make a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

ninjas win hands down. pirates are so last year.
    Overall, i shant be buying this. EA can go bugger themselves with a traffic cone. Releasing an exp pack before even patching the bugs in the main game...and now letting people use SF weapons in the main game, so people who dont buy it will get raped and think 'ooh i better go buy sf so i can have my F2000 too!'. Go and sh!te. There was none of this crap with SW of WW2 for 1942!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

People who don't have SF can still use weapons in BF2 without having to buy it.

Since it came out I haven't played BF2 once but I'll probably go back and visit one of these days :) I love the maps, esp. surge and mass destruction. And as an At guy that RPG is a lot of fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Anyone have any screenshots ot the nightvision?

kinkstr wrote:
    Anyone have any screenshots ot the nightvision?
    Google ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Mate has this error:

I went and bought Special Orifices but can't install it after downloading it. Does anyone have an issue like that. Just says "Failed to install Special Forces, try again from the beginning" when trying to install Patch 1.1. Happens on both PCs... Tried uninstalling everything to do with BF2, install fresh, did not apply 1.12, then install SF. Still won't install patch 1.1 during the Special Orifices setup.

I mean "try again from the beginning"... and where's that exactly. Hooray for vague error messages.

I cant find anything anywhere. Any idea's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

D wrote:
    When are the TiG servers populated? Whenever I try them they are always empty or maybe have 2 other people on them.

Our sincere apologies. I will speak to the rest of the clan and we'll agree a timetable so that we will have players on around the clock. So if you let us know when you need the server populated we'll get it sorted.

Then we will be supplying the servers and the players, the total package.

Sheeesh.

TheFairy

• Advertisement
Advertisement