Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death

• 27-11-2005 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Last night,two friends of mine died on the road after being hit by a motorbike.The guy on the motorbike was one of their good friends,hes in hospital now,but is easily looking at manslaughter (all three were completely drunk,the guy on the motorbike also had no insurance).I was one of the last people to see the guy on the bike before he did it.One of the guys who was killed was going to Australia for a year next Friday.He was only 18.
    Last year,during the equivalent of this weekend,a guy in the year above me hung himself after a heavy nights drinking.Its still causing problems with lots of the people who were his friends.There was a two week long mourning get together afterwards.I wasnt his friend,but some of my friends were.Im not going to say i didnt care,but I kept well away from it. Now,Im worried about it happening all over again.
    The strange thing is, is that last year,when I heard about the guy hanging himself, I was staying at a friends house sleeping in a bedroom with this other guy. He woke me and told me about the suicide.Then this morning, same house, same room, same guy woke me and told me two people were killed last night.Then my friend who owns the house came in and looked awful. He told me who they were, and I still cant believe it.
    I know tomorrow in school is going to be terrible.Everyone knew and liked these guys, and since we're all in Leaving Cert., obviously its not the best time, on top of all the previous things mentioned.Its strange, last night before i met the two of them for the going away party, I was one such a good buzz, my band came first in a BOTB,but after a while, I just started getting bad feelings.
    Right now I feel..I dont know how I feel,Ive never lost a friend before, so it feels all twilight-zoneish.Anybody else had an experience similar?
    On a related note, after this weekend, the total deaths on the roads in Ireland for this year is something like 359.Theres gotta be a problem somewhere...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm sorry for your loss but you've describe the problem yourself in the first few lines of your post.

"(all three were completely drunk,the guy on the motorbike also had no insurance)."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

First and foremost I would like to say how sorry i am for all the loss and hardship you are going through. I know it can be an awful feeling when you loose someone, particularly at such a young age.
    I have lost about 5 friends through suicide, and it is very hard to handle at times. There is that numbness/twighlight feeling you are describing, its quite a strange feeling, but perfectly normal.
    I have never lost a friend through an accident so i cant really help you there sorry... but i understand how it is to loose someone. Best thing you can do is be there for each other and talk about it. School yes it will be tough and probable quite morbid but you need to pull together and talk about it.

It is a discrase the amount of road traffic accidents that are happening on our roads at the moment. Every weekend lately there appears to be so many people been killed, it is VITAL that something is done about it. The government always say they are doing something about it, however this is hard to believe considering the deaths on our roads is increasing on a weekly basis. Granted yes the government cant stop someone speeding down the road as they are going to probable do that anyway, but there must be something they can do to stop all this death on our roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

That really sucks, what age were they? 18 and? He was probably really looking forward to Australia :( If it's proven the guy on the motorbike was drunk then he's gonna get locked up for a loooong time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    Ihe's gonna get locked up for a loooong time

not ness, everything will be taken into consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

I dont blame the drink, in fact I cant find it in myself to blame anyone. Where it happened is an absolutely dirty piece of road,very very blind.Could have been anyone to be honest.Although Im seriously wary about drink now,Ill probably even be pure worried for any of my friends that get drunker than they should on a night out.
    They were both 18 yeah, and the guy on the bike was 17. Does that mean he'll be charged as a child or is that 16?
    Ive been hearing that pretty much everyone is going to skip school tomorrow to get absolutely horrendufied, but I for one am not gonna join em,personally I think theres better ways to remember a person.
    Thanks everyone for the condolances, very much appreciated right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sweet Jesus, is there no end to the wasted lives?
    I'm sorry for your loss. Take the lesson regarding drink driving on board and have a long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

My condolensces. It is a terrible tragedy, but at least you have the other members of your community to grieve with, common ground can be a great healer. I'm sure that your school will employ grief counsellors - please don't be shy about paying them a visit. School will probably be the best place for you if you're feeling fragile actually - some sort of structure to your days may make it easier (and besides, I'm sure nobody expects any course work to be completed).

How heartbreaking that these lives have been destroyed by alcohol misuse. All those families... destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

My condolences to you. Terribly sad. I lost a friend in the Bali bombing in 2002 and what you're feeling is normal. Just keep talking about them and remembering your friends with others.

We all get drunk but unfortunately your friends were just unlucky.

Take care and look after yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I'm so sorry, I lost a sibling in tragic circumstances a few years ago. The best thing to do is to talk to your loved ones. Other friends mightnt know what to say but its times like these that your family becomes so important.
    I'm so sorry for the pain your going through.
    Blondie xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

These the lads from Moycullen? Sorry to hear it. I've a friend who knew them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Sorry for your loss.

I wonder will the media report the alcohol factor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

sorry for your loss.

Advertisement