Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband

• 27-11-2005 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Been on the 1mb/256k package for a few months now with no problems. Last week or so the connection has been spontaneously dropping connection and then 30 seconds later, the connection will re-establish itself. Occurs randomly i.e. browsing, gaming etc. every few hours. I'm on the Priory exchange in Dublin. Anyone having similar problems or know why this might be happening?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Was having the same problem on the 2mb service last week. Rang them up and they got me to do a hardware reset on my modem. Havent noticed any problems since but havent been using it that much since so dont know whether it was the reset that fixed it or they were having a problem. Pain in the ass as i had to reconfigure all the wireless security settings all over again. On the Newlands Cross exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Thanks for the feedback, Scruff. Phoned up BT again and this time they're going to check my line (whatever that entails?) and let me know. Haven't experienced it since yesterday. So, so random.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

i've been having similar problems on the 2mb service..
    it's only started recently..

pain in the nuts tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Its been hapening to me to allot with the bad weather latly im thinking it could be related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Ive had a problem like that for nearly 4 months now and nothing has been fixed by BT or Eircom. Im not complaining but its frustrating. BT havent been able to figure it out, enginners have come to the house,checked out wiring,weve changed modems, checked line from exchange everything we can think of, still no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,328 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm in Clonsilla and I've been having the same problems for the last week or so. Driving me mad it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I've had them over a year and they've been bulletproof up till now, then in the last week I've been randomly disconnected like that 3 or 4 times, I was actually about to post about it when I saw there's already one here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

samehere. happened just when I got a new router too, so I thought it might be that till I read this.

Shall get onto them sharpishand see what can be done.

had a similar problem when i first got BB off BT and they fixed that, so fingers crossed they can fix this.

Beggars Bush Exchange btw, same one that BT headoffice is on, so I reckon they'll be able to do something. :)

[align=right]13.16.137.10[/align]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

Same problem here in Athlone, for the last 10 days or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Hard to believe that it could be a coincidence :rolleyes:

Anyways, logged a complaint with BT on Monday morning and an Eircom engineer called out to me today (I was impressed! :)). He spent about half an hour fiddling around with wires and said that there was a 'serious fault' :confused: He said that the problem had been fixed (there was a noise on my phone line, which I noticed around the same time that my BB started acting up), the noise on my line is now gone and I haven't experienced any disconnects... yet :) (fingers crossed).

• Advertisement
Advertisement