Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Ordered 360 back in Aug in Game

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

LookingFor wrote:
    Anyone know what peripheral prices will be like here, if one was to be stuck with a core pack? A HDD? Wireless controller?

online the HDD is round the 100eur mark
    the wireless contoller is about 50eur while the wired is something like 30eur
    dvd remote 30eur
    headset 20eur

so core pack is actually 70eur dearer in total lol

AND those prices from here are online prices which cud b much dearer in the run up to christmas here :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Did anyone pre-order through xtravision. I pre booked my 1 back in september and i was in the shop 2day just 2 make sure i was getting 1 on friday and they said that i will diffinetly be getting 1 on friday and they also said that they will be getting more in next friday.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The hard drive is 100 in Smyths, I was looking last week.

So basically core + hard drive will get you the cost of the premium.

I wouldn't really miss the remote, and I'm not sure if the system will take any headset or needs an official one. The wireless controller is a loss though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Look at the below posts regarding the potential of the Game stores

GeneralMonkey
    29-Nov-05 21:49:27
    This is true, my mate is the manager of the games section of my local virgin megsatore, and he cant let anyone go witout at least 2 games attached to the console.

Having worked in my local Game through the PS2 and Xbox launch, there is no way that people would leave the store with just the console on launch night. For Xbox we phoned around all pre-order customers and checked what games they wanted about a week before, and if any of them just wanted the console, their pre-orders were refunded to them a few days later with various excuses, and then sold to others who were buying games.

If the store has a competiticive manager its what happens as a matter of course, as they get judged on attachment rates more than sales.

Unethical? yep, ****ty? yep, illegal? no.

spliffhead
    29-Nov-05 16:36:05
    Had the same crap from "GaYme" last night. Got the following voicemail:

"We might have your preorder ready for you, please call us to confirm wether you still want it"

Might? Want it, I already paid £20 as a deposit in August, why wouldn't I want it.

Curious, I called this morning to make sure they were not going to give it away to someone else.

"Returning your call yada yada yada of course I still want it etc"

"Can I ask if your still buying the two games you expressed interest in?"

"Probably...maybe a couple more too" wary of Best Buy incidents in US was prepared for this BTW www.play.com £39.99 Game price £49.99

"Oh that's ok then it's already here round the back waiting for you, you can pick it up Friday. We're doing three games at a great price if your interested?"

Hmm, I'll be sending the wife there Friday and make sure she only buys the console!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ahh, got the call this morning from buy4now, said my console will be with me by the start of next week! Made sure I told her "it's the one WITH the hard drive" as I read the storys about wallmart in the US.

Orderd on the 5th september :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

steviec wrote:
    It seems to have gone downhill ever since they took over EB. It's as though they think they've no competition anymore, even though there's more competition than ever these days. I'll only visit Game for obscure games or the odd bargain on older games. I'm not a big fan of their customer service either(the ones in town, just in general and also due to a couple of specific things that happened), so even at the same price I'd always buy elsewhere.

The crew in Mahon Point seem to be good (much better than Patrick St) and their customer service is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭xbox360

My Friend's(and You Will Be)
    Fret Not
    Be It Friday Or Friday Week All Of You Who Had The Wisdom To Pre-book Me Shall Be Rewarded.
    Do Not Despair.
    More Information Tommorow At 3.00 My Friend's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

xbox360 wrote:

My Friend's(and You Will Be)
    Fret Not
    Be It Friday Or Friday Week All Of You Who Had The Wisdom To Pre-book Me Shall Be Rewarded.
    Do Not Despair.
    More Information Tommorow At 3.00 My Friend's

....................... <snigger>

Okaaaay Mr 360, I'll wait until three tomorrow for your *big* announcement..

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

Let me guess,

There are already second and third shipments due in before christmas week...
    Surely not ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭johnser

Virgin in the Square have just confirmed that they have 2 Premium systems and 4 core systems for the launch tomorrow and about 30 pre bookings. Someones going to be disappointed.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Got a call from Gamestop on liffy street today - 40 units available on Friday for 80 pre-orders. A further batch next Friday to cover the rest of the pre-orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Guys,
    got a call from GAME today confirming that they have a system for me (I was No.4 in the list)..
    At least I got them to confirm that you can buy the system on its own and not be forced into a bundle like some shops are trying to do in Europe.
    Only issue of course is games.............79.99 !!
    Great value for money :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

I just got a call from Hmv. They have taken delivery and have one for me. Anyone else looking at Hmv might wanna see this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054855277

Look at #3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Did anyone hear if Gamestop are going to try and rob Joe Public by trying to make them buy a bundle deal on launch day ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

McDermotX wrote:

Try Xtra-Vision, they're selling the games from €65-€75. In fact, the only titles that are 75 are the EA ones. Trust EA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Lol - when I tried Game they told me they had none for me as I had only registered interest and not paid a deposit (was actually taking over from a mate and thought he had paid a deposit). Fair enough.

But then the b*stard almost talked me into comint up on friday early morning about 7.30-8am as theres a 90% chance they will have spares. Only the fact that I know from a mate and here that they will be scarce as hobby horses sh*te on friday led me to question this. Turned out he was trying to flog me a core system (when I had clearly only expressed interest in the Xbox 360 full system). I told him 'listen buddy I've no interest in that and that's poor form trying to lead me on like that', needless to say he didn't see it that way.

So I reckon they are planning on preying on anyone who doesn't know any better and try to get them to buy the core system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

K-TRIC wrote:
    Did anyone hear if Gamestop are going to try and rob Joe Public by trying to make them buy a bundle deal on launch day ??

was told that they are by manager in shop that they are, when i rang there head office i was informed this was due to shortage of consoles. i told the rude woman that this made no sense as surely i get console with teh bundle she said it was not her problem and forwarded me to a equally stupid individual who told me to ask manager in shop itself the guy who originally told me to call head office :mad: :mad:
    The if asked was there a adequae amount he stood there for at least 2 seconds before saying" should be yeah" and then procedded to talk to his fellow workmate overall a pretty lame excuse for service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

McDermotX wrote:
    Guys,
    got a call from GAME today confirming that they have a system for me (I was No.4 in the list)..

That's somewhat alarming....... I have one prebooked, but didn't get any call from Game like i did when i prebooked a PSP.... the till didn't work properly when i placed my deposit, However i did get a letter from Game telling me to come in and collect the preview DVD, and after talking to two seperate people in two different calls, they both told me that if i placed a deposit they WILL have one for me on Friday.

McDermotX wrote:
    Guys,
    Great value for money :eek: :eek: :eek:

Honestly?? I was hoping on $70.00 tops. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Got a call from Gamestop, Henry St, while in work today, they said they had mine ready...

They also invited me to the midnight launch and asked will I be attending, I said yes of course....

They said that if I did not pick it up by the 10th of December it would go to the next person on the list, I told them not to worry and I'll be there at Midnight.

I ordered mine on the 15th of August.....just so you all know....but saying it would go to the next person on the list sounded like they have too many pre-orders....as for the games they are priced at 69.99 and 74.99 for EA games...

And I agree that GAME have some of the worst staff, they just don't have a clue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Game are charging 79.99 for all games except for Kameo, PD0, Gotham 3 which are 69.99......PD0 limited edition is 79.99..
    Shocking prices for software, although nothing surprises me after they attemped and knowingly charged 70 and 80 for COD2 on PC (std and ltd)..
    Same thing happened when the original XBox came out......all games were the equiv of 70 euro, they were caught out less than a week later and all games dropped by a tenner..

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

McDermotX wrote:
    Game are charging 79.99 for all games except for Kameo, PD0, Gotham 3 which are 69.99......PD0 limited edition is 79.99..
    Shocking prices for software, although nothing surprises me after they attemped and knowingly charged 70 and 80 for COD2 on PC (std and ltd)..
    Same thing happened when the original XBox came out......all games were the equiv of 70 euro, they were caught out less than a week later and all games dropped by a tenner..

Yeah, got mine in GAME or EB with the xbox and they charged 79, saying that it was the lowest price guaruntee I thought they did there homework so I bought HALO....went to virgin it was 60 or so, got my money back of the bastards, the difference....they tried to argue that it was the lowest on the day, but it was not....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

McDermotX wrote:

I got confirmation from Game yesterday that the premium pack is there for me on Friday. The person did try to get me to add games & accessories. I told him it very much depended on the pricing, I pointed out that other shops were pricing the games cheaper than that of Game. His reply was that they would price match as long as the cheaper price elsewhere was not a special offer. My advice bring a catalogue from Argos & Xtravision along on the day to prove the cheaper price. The other option is to buy the console only and buy any games you want elsewhere. I will be taking the second option and the reason is that Game should be boycotted for being cheeky basta$%s in the first place for trying to rip people off.

Don't get suckered in by the rip-off merchants

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Macker1 wrote:
    The other option is to buy the console only and buy any games you want elsewhere. I will be taking the second option and the reason is that Game should be boycotted for being cheeky basta$%s in the first place for trying to rip people off.

Don't get suckered in by the rip-off merchants
    I was thinking of this recently myself. I get 90% of my stuff from Smyths at the moment, and i reckon some form of boycott or campaign would be well in order.

Back when the Electronic Boutique opened in Dawson Street they always had the best prices, but since Game took over its a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm all for a Game boycott - I don't care how long I have to wait to get my greasy mitts on an Xbox360 - all I know is I won't be giving my hard earned cash to Game after these stunts and trying to sucker me into getting out of bed early to buy a core system: there'll be plenty of desperate parents who'll buy it for little Johnny cos they don't know the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

game dawson st got exactly the amount of consoles for the deposits.

dont think you can stroll in next wednesday and pick it up cause you have a deposit though. all consoles are being held until close of business saturday.

I was talking to some customer yesterday and he said he had a deposit in gamestop and they called him up saying they more than likely wouldnt have one because they only got around 40% of their deposits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    online the HDD is round the 100eur mark
    the wireless contoller is about 50eur while the wired is something like 30eur
    dvd remote 30eur
    headset 20eur
    Does anyone know what the chances are of non-MS developed peripherals? After all, MS is saying that they want people to be able to connect anything (MP3 players, cameras, etc.) to it. Are they open to other companies coming out with their own HD for example? Just like you could get non-MS memory cards for XBox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Stevee

Just 11H 23M 25 Sec :D till I get my grubby mitts on one cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Easy Rider wrote:
    And I agree that GAME have some of the worst staff, they just don't have a clue...
    Don't generalise.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i no logitech wont b releasing their range of 360 stuff til about feb to let m$ drop the price a little as far as i was told by my logitech rep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

i have an xbox 360 pre-ordered in gamestop on liffey street since aug and was told that it will be done on a first come first served basis. this means that i will have to que outside the shop early to get it. so i was a wondering what time would be the ques be starting at?(they wont be opening until 8, no midnight opening). is anybody here planning on queing to get theres in liffey street?
    also hav any ques started already?
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Also ordered from Liffey street and will be heading in to get there for about 7 tomorrow morning. According to the fellow on the phone they got 50% of their pre-orders and will be getting the other half next week at some stage. If I dont get one tomorrow no biggie tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Was on to Xtragame in the Square today. Had mine booked since the middle of October but they won't have one for me tomorrow. Tbh I really don't care, my PC can run the likes of FEAR and COD2 perfectly so I'll get them to tide me over

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭xbox360

IM TRYING MY FU*@KING BEST!!!
    WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?????.ME TO RING YOUR FUC@NG DOOR BELL WAVING MY POWER PACK?

CALM DOWN!!

Please Bill one more time.
    Please???
    You're leaving me IN 2 MONTHS!!!
    CU*NT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Banned.

(read the charter...)

Advertisement