Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my ipod a gonner???

• 27-11-2005 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

hey my ipod mini has started to loose battery time, after a full charge it will only go for about 5 mins. if i bring it to some plce will they fix it by putting a new baterry in or do they have to replace tho whole thing? please help me ASAP
    thx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

is it under warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Did this happen gradually or all of a sudden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Give these guys a try. Heard a few good things about them:

Mactivate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

it was always about 5 hours of battery life then all of a sudden it wne t kaploomp

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

when its attached to a power source can you use it? does it show it's charging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I had th same problem so I rang Apple.They said:

-Drain the battery completely.

-Leave for one hour

-Charge for 8 hours exactly.

Don't know if this will help but it worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Check if it's still under warranty, if it is, just send it away to Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

Just reread your post. Could be your battery is just shot. If your outside your warranty period just order a replacement and change it yourslef. Not that difficult at all.
    http://www.eurobatteries.com/sitepages/description1.asp?id=1917&cat=Portable%20Audio%20Batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

I sent mine back and i got a brand new one back today is working great and they even redid the engraving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fitzer123

If it is under warranty ring apple and quote the number on the back.

With the design of the 2nd - 3rd gen ipod there was an issue with the battery but it is now fixed and they will do it for you or replace it.

If you bought it in a "Dixons type shop" and paid over the odds for it go down to them and raise your voice and they will give you another one.

Good Luck

• Advertisement

ok thx all. its no longer in warrenty i think so i will probly get a battery on ebay with tools and follow instructions to install:)
    do you know if this will be a good choice (bateery and ebayer)
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/750mA-BATTERY-for-iPod-MINI-LiIon-EC003-MP3-NEW-TOOL-IF_W0QQitemZ5831741918QQcategoryZ48680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Galmac quoted me fifteen quid to repair my Ipox. Sweet. Galway baste at Gas mark VI.

Tis a good price indeed but im in kildare. tho i am going down in a weekend or 2

Advertisement