Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To Txt Or Not To Txt?!

• 27-11-2005 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Here's one to ponder over.
    on a nite out recently i got talking to a friend of a friend andn we hit it off really well, spent all night talkin to each other and then stayed up the whole nite talkin back at his place. we got on so well and we did kiss few times but he never asked for my number.
    when i was leavin he sed he'd get my number off my two mates and gimme a shout. he's definitely a guy i'd love to see again and would kick myself for not seeing him again. my friends said theyd give me his number no problem...
    but it brings out the age old question... should i take the jump and text him r should i wait and see if he takes the initiative. if he does it means he's interested. if i do is it bein too forward?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sure go ahead and take the initiative, but please remember that you aren't texting right now so it'd be great if you could post without using text speak. Sorry, but it can be quite distracting to read on PI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

how long ago was the night out? Sorry..eh.."nite out"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

The simple, run of the mill thought processes people post in these forums these days, no one who starts threads in here seems to be able to make decisions...

*sigh* Text him, I don't even have a reason for saying why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

Gordon wrote:
    if you could post without using text speak..

consider it done... my bad :)

Laguna wrote:
    The simple, run of the mill thought processes people post in these forums these days, no one who starts threads in here seems to be able to make decisions...

*sigh* this is the way it has always been, that's why people come here - to ask for advice. It's not usually the answer that is needed but the reasoning why.*

*I know I didn't give my reasons either.

• Advertisement

not so much that i cant make a decision. i'll probly do my own thing and text him regardless of whether i'm making a fool of myself :)
    i just thought i'd put it out there, see if anyone had anything to say on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Laguna wrote:

i was kinda thinking ive read something similar so many times before, and i havent even been around that long!

OP: you might as well just text, wheres the harm? if he likes you he wont stop liking you because you text. if he doesnt reply, then at least you know where you stand and wont spend the next however many days wondering.

Karoma wrote:
    how long ago was the night out? Sorry..eh.."nite out"

hehe umm..... ok last nite if i'm honest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just Do It
    Go For It

One Life

Take A Chance

Gordon wrote:
    *sigh* this is the way it has always been, that's why people come here - to ask for advice. It's not usually the answer that is needed but the reasoning why.*

*I know I didn't give my reasons either.

Ah but Gordon, it's getting stupid these days. I'd say that 9/10 new threads that start in this forum run along the lines of

I met dis lad out last nite, I rly like him and I tink he likes me, wat shld I do?

Jesus Christ, do people not have any personal reasoning or instinct anymore?

• Advertisement

of course people have reasoning and instinct. it just helps to have other opinions on the matter. this is an open forum so people should feel free to post whatever is bugging them without feeling that they're being stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Text Him! He's probably saying the same thing to himself as you are

I never said you were stupid, I don't think you're stupid and I'm not going to start thinking you're stupid. I just think there should be a sticky thread made to answer the run of the mill 'dilemma' that continues to reappear on these boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Don't txt him.. It will make him want you more :v:

Laguna wrote:
    Ah but Gordon, it's getting stupid these days. I'd say that 9/10 new threads that start in this forum run along the lines of

I met dis lad out last nite, I rly like him and I tink he likes me, wat shld I do?

Seriously, you wouldn't believe how many threads are identical to previous threads in PI. I've read 95% of them. And you wouldn't believe how many responses are like yours Laguna. The fact is that everyone is an individual and will presume to have an individual problem. This may be eked out in due course, or not at all.

The fact that you are getting annoyed on this matter is due to the fact that you are getting bored with the same types of threads. I suggest you don't post on those threads or you will feel like you are in a feedback loop. It works for me - I just don't post if others are giving good advice and if I'm going bonkers for having already posted similar advice not so long ago.

Please, respect the apparent individuality of the posters problem and let the mods decide what is to be done with the threads. And if you see a thread that you don't think should be on PI - report it and don't spoil the thread inline.
    I just think there should be a sticky thread made to answer the run of the mill 'dilemma' that continues to reappear on these boards.
    That doesn't work, we have (kind of) tried that method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, ok thanks merc..

Back on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

And a coin has three sides. Merc, you must love getting banned from PI, so I'm banning you again.

Back on topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Laguna wrote:

More like people see PI and boards as a big group of firneds or aquaintces that they can ask for feeback from with having ot have any other meaning full
    conversations with.

FoXXy why would you not talk your friends if you should text him ?
    Surely they know you and him ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

To be honest i would say dont text...i got a guys number of one
    of his mates on friday after a night out....kissed the guy on friday and two fridays previous...text him when i got home on friday and nothing since then...save yourself the embarrassment...i know i wish i had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

I'm not sure how long its been since ye had that night together, but....
    Wait longer, if he wants ya he'll know where to find ya. and you can ask your mates to offer your number. but dont!!

Advertisement