Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do girls "hold on" ?

• 27-11-2005 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

About 2 years ago this really nice girl that I know expressed an interest in me. She is very hot and has a great personality but unfortunately I was involved in a relationship at the time and kind of embarrassed her by rejecting her. About a year ago I broke up with my girlfriend and I'm single again but have had on/off relationships and recently she just popped into mind. I haven't really changed a lot over the past 2 years physically or my personality. I still see this girl sometimes on the train, etc but we are purely on a "hello" basis. How do time you think she would react if I asked her out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Go for it man! Dosent matter how she reacts if your only on 'hello' bases, it isnt going to effect your life greatly if she says no and if you dont ask you'll regret not knowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

She may be flatered, she may now find you oddly stalkerish.
    Why not just start talking to her on the trian and show some intrest in her
    and find out if she is seeing anyone.
    Then maybe asker her out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I dunno, she might still feel scorned by the time you burned her, I know I would personally not go with a girl who had rejected me previously, then again, you may as well give it a shot, nothing ventured; nothing gained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Go for it! Worst case scenario you lose someone to say "hello" to, which you mightn't even, she might respect you for even trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mikelmessi

Go for it. Similiar thing happened to me. Girl asked me out while I was in a relationship and got embarassed about me rejecting her. My relationship broke up and I got in touch with her about 6 months after break up and we went out. Didn't work out but it was fun. You've nothing to lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Personally,it reminds me of the RaboDirect ad.. where the guy proposes...

Seriously, is this settling for second best? Or, just for what is available?
    Consider this 'other' girls' feelings - you could try saying more than hello to her,etc. and let things take their course rather than just jumping back to asking her out.. Which, TBH, appears selfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

she might think that you are just going for her because you've nobody better at the current time, but it's worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea go for it, she might be a little embarrassed that u rejected her etc, but it was a good while ago, you have nothing to lose!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yea go for it, she might be a little embarrassed that u rejected her etc, but it was a good while ago, you have nothing to lose!!
    but it wasn't rejection because he didn't like her.. he was in a relationship!!!!! So surely she can't have taken it personally, and knows that he can be trusted..;)

ah yea i meant it that way :o:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

The fact you turned her down while(because) you were in a relationship should stand for you dude,
    Give it a go, ask her out, if she says no It will put an end to you fantasising, If she say yes,well I'll leave that to your imagination

M

she does know that the reason you turned her down was cos of having a gf, not cos u didnt fancy her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

If she says no then all you lose is a simply "hello" based relationship...

If she says yes then your sorted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Cork_girl wrote:
    but it wasn't rejection because he didn't like her.. he was in a relationship!!!!!

Bingo! I became friends (nothing more) with my wife while I was going out with someone else. It was only about a year after I'd broken up with the other girl that I went to my wifes birthday party and we hooked up. Obvious success story. :D

Go for it! Nothing to lose!

Make sure she's not going out with someone before you ask though.

^^ aw i love happy endings :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

What have you got to lose? The wonderful "Hello" relationship? i'd try it if i were you. And if i had any balls.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Id say go for it...I would more than likley accept an invite out if a guy I liked a couple years ago asked me out and I was still single ;) I dont hold hard feelings against someone because they arent interested in me for whatever reasons, it could all just be timing or whatever so you ask you find out and you move on, period.
    I mean...everything has its time and maybe now its right for you, there is only one way to find it if its still something she'd be interested in ,
    goodluck!

Advertisement