Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3G content totally free on Three?

• 28-11-2005 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

OK, this may sound a bit silly, but Vodafone told my friend that even though the actual 3G content is free on Three you still need to pay data transfer rates. Please tell me this isn't the case and that it is totally free. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Not true!

Not all content is free, as some of the downloads are charged for, however there is NO data transfer charge.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its free except for the games/wallpapers etc you can rent/buy in which case your told your going to be charged
    afaik anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Thank you both. That's pretty bad form from Vodafone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

penexpers wrote:
    Thank you both. That's pretty bad form from Vodafone.

In fairness you'd be amazed what lies cancelation depts will tell customers in order to try and keep them, it pays to ask around basically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my bill on three is usually 7 or 8 pages with €0.00 on them :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

my bill on three is usually 7 or 8 pages with €0.00 on them :v:

You mean normal acess of pages outside their own pages are free? like if i run a wap based or java based msn client, the data transfer is free here?

flodis79 wrote:
    You mean normal acess of pages outside their own pages are free? like if i access o2.ie webtext from a phone that's capable of showing it?

You can't access the likes of google.ie etc from a 3 Mobile phone, 3 have their own walled garden.

Advertisement