Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Problem

Options
  • 28-11-2005 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I cannot get the Zen to hold its charge or for the screen to stay on long enough to activate.
    Any suggestions.
    my brother has had 2 major issues with similar appliance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Is it the battery that's the problem then? I have a Zen as well, but it's turning on fine. Turning it off and preventing it from switching itself on when it feels like it is, however, an entirely different matter...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

upmeath wrote:
    I cannot get the Zen to hold its charge or for the screen to stay on long enough to activate.
    Any suggestions.
    my brother has had 2 major issues with similar appliance.

I had similar problems a few times with my Zen Touch after dropping it. Reset it using the pinhole thing and it worked fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Whatever you do, don't upgrade the firmware on it.

I installed the new "PlaysForSure" 2.x firmware, and I'm having lots of problems now, and I can't use the Notmad software I bought any more.

And it can't be downgraded. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just send it back. Creative are excellent for RMA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

its a zen micro and i cant find the reset on it. i have looked but haven't been successful.my bro tried to send his back and he was told that his info would be lost and he might have to buy a second hand one off them which had been repaired. i have it just under a year and so far haven't let it drop. it only happened when by completely accident i let the batt. run too low so now it only goes as far as where it says CREATIVE across the screen. What the hell could be wrong? i have taken good care of it and its in good spec.

• Advertisement
Advertisement