Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKYDSL Problem

• 28-11-2005 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi

I am using skydsl and on the unlimited package. I am now getting an error when I try to connect 'Access Blocked or not yet released'. I have contacted support and billing by email.

Anyone else got this issue. Support say there is no technical issue, it must be a billing issue. But billing dont reply.

I have no access for the last week and a bit. I sent a mail on Friday saying I was stopping all future payments unless this is sorted ASAP.

I thought maybe they were unable to take a payment or something. But they should have replied if they cant.

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mijmu wrote:
    Hi

I am using skydsl and on the unlimited package. I am now getting an error when I try to connect 'Access Blocked or not yet released'. I have contacted support and billing by email.

Anyone else got this issue. Support say there is no technical issue, it must be a billing issue. But billing dont reply.

I have no access for the last week and a bit. I sent a mail on Friday saying I was stopping all future payments unless this is sorted ASAP.

I thought maybe they were unable to take a payment or something. But they should have replied if they cant.

Thanks

Michael

What is SkyDSL?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

mijmu wrote:
    Hi

Thanks

Michael

Hi mijmu,
    You weren't away from your pc or just simply didn't use the thing for a week or two, because this sort of thing happened to me this August after not using the pc for three weeks as i was in the states. I rang them up and also threatened them like you did and they were fairly speedy to ring me to get it fixed and in fairness a guy called Dirk Mansbart rang me and was very helpful. Go into the Skydsl folder in all programs (presuming your using win xp) and then go into Skydsl settings and then go into performance, I myself am on the 1MB package and if you are too then it should be set to 1,000 kbps instead of some other higher setting. This may help, although after it was fixed it was intermittently breaking down for a month afterwards but has been running smoothly for the last two months now. Just aswell i got it as i have received insider information that Eircom are not bringing DSL to community until 2009 :eek: :mad: I am now involved in a community effort to bring Broadband to where I live. And i purposing that the Grant aid be given to Eircom to provide DSL access because everything else aside DSL is the best form of broadband.

I have phone numbers for Skydsl if you need them too. PM me if you need them.

Advertisement