Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting ceilings...arg!!

Options
  • 28-11-2005 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭

I am slowly going mad! it all started when I began painting the ceilings in my house!

they have been painted before (by previous owner) so I am giving them a fresh lick of paint.

My problem is painting ceilings white on white! Does anyone have any handy tips/tools to help make this job easier..hard to see what I have done already and what I may be missing! I see that Dulux are selling a white paint that applies with a hint of pink but dries to white which makes is easy to see what parts have been done already..has anyone used such a product?

Also I bought a roller and extension and thought my life was going to get easy...buy oh no, the feckin roller extension broke! The screw on part was made of plastic which was causing the join to bend when using the roller..I know, it's my fault for buying cheap tools..I will get a proper heavy duty extension that will not bend in future...once I bring the old one back and shove it somewhere the sun don't shine!

right, that's my rant over with!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Yep, used the pink turns white paint. It's Great
    "Does exactly what it says on the tin"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hard to know what to say to you really!!

White on white will be difficult to see but you willl see a difference as it will be a "cleaner" white.

Yes same thing happened with out roller, went out and bought a right one!!!

Patience is the thing, and plenty of old sheets to say the sprinkles and drops off the roller!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

OK, I will work on my patience but I aint promising anything! I suppose it will be worth it when I can sit back and look at the masterpiece I've created :D

Advertisement