Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U-bend water levels

Options
  • 28-11-2005 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I've noticed lately that the water level in my loo is about an inch lower than it should be. It drops to this level right after the flush. Any ideas as to the probable underlying cause? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

check the ballcock in the custern has not poped off ( unlikely you dont know this - else you overflow would let you know ! ) or come loose ( bent upwards ) - this may result in cistern not filling up completely - thus not giving you the adequate amount of water,

also check the plunger in the cistern - is not sticking,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Loz - don't think that's the issue. It's dumping a full cistern, it just empties too much. It seems like some kind of pressure equalisation thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi Squibs,

I had the exact same problem twice while living in an apartment and on both occasions it was due to the sewage pipes being blocked.

I was afraid of that :(
    Thanks Wobs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi squibs,

If you have three or four 2 gal buckets fill them with water and pour them down the wc real fast, there is a good chance that the soil pipe has a small rise in it and needs the force to move the blockage along.

• Advertisement

Thanks rooferpete - I'll give that a go.

Advertisement