Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is IBB dead for you too?

• 28-11-2005 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

For me in Bray, it went tits up around 2.30am this morning and it's not up yet. If I run tracert on another connection to my static IP, I can't even see into IBB's network. But I can tracert to their web server so something works.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No, it is actually REALLY fast this morning. I am surprised. I am on the Ballycoolin mast though. Sympathies!! Hopefully it will be back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It's back up again so you can probably kiss your fast connection goodbye...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Its fast on the D15 atrium so I wonder what part of their network is getting shafted atm. They hacent the capicty as they are over selling it so I think they are taking turns shafting each high site.

So if ya got a problem expect their uasual 2 month turn around or rather while they give some other high site 2 months of good service till they shaft them again. Next problem for me now and they are cancled as my contract is now up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its fast on the D15 atrium so I wonder what part of their network is getting shafted atm.

How do you know that?? Well, I see an improvement, so I will give them due credit. And believe me, I am dubious as regards IBB, but there has been an improvement in the Blanch area over the last few weeks. Lets not be negative until it disimproves again. They are on their last chance with me.

I now have a landline .. so I am 1 click away from ADSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I dont know for sure it but it seems to be whats happening they seem to be shifting their capicity about. I think i`ll get anothre 2-3 months of good service before it goes again. They are also on their last chance with me. Ive had 3 such 2 mohth outages in a year with them so im starting to feel there is a patern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Yeah, I can confirm that R&H Hall in Cork now is absolute dire for me.Seems to be capped at 20kB/sec downstream. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

carbsy wrote:
    Yeah, I can confirm that R&H Hall in Cork now is absolute dire for me.Seems to be capped at 20kB/sec downstream. :mad:
    last week one of their coustmer service planks told me they're after putting too many people onto R&H hall.how far are you from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

City Centre, have a good view of it.Seems to be network overload alright here.

Advertisement