Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a way around iTunes?

• 28-11-2005 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi I was wondereing anyone could help me with a problem i'm having. I bought a ipod during the summer while i didn't have a PC so i asked a friend to put some tracks on it. He put about 2000 in it for me. problem I have now is i'm after getting a PC and I want to add my own music but dont want to delete all the stuff he put on it is there anyway around this or is it a case of having one or the other.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ergo

how about deleting everything (which you never paid for) and then actually buying the stuff you do like

that way the relevant artist might actually see some money for their hard work and won't have to give up music and go try and find a regular job and might be able to make some more good music etc </ends rant>

unless it's Phil Collins, in which case be my guest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

There's no need to delete anything, just uncheck the automatic update on your iPod and that's that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Just use ephpod : http://www.ephpod.com/

Nothing wrong with Phil Collins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ergo

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Nothing wrong with Phil Collins!

apart from crimes against humanity....nothing much really

just kidding :)

"against all odds" is for some reason compelling

I suppose if someone's sold 100 million albums well then it's not as bad to take their music vs a struggling artist

I've had blazing rows with friends who would happily burn the CD of a struggling artist while they themselves are on very comfortable salary

but maybe that argument is not for "Gadgets"

and if the 2000 songs are all by artists who are financially secure well then maybe that's different, who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Pay for music?
    Pay for music!
    PAY FOR MUSIC!!!!!!!!! AAGGGGGGHHHH

ah No thanks for that. I am now a happy camper!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

daithimac wrote:
    Pay for music?
    Pay for music!
    PAY FOR MUSIC!!!!!!!!! AAGGGGGGHHHH

ah No thanks for that. I am now a happy camper!

Oh yeah E0.99 is just to much to ask when you can illegally get them for free and cause millions of Euro worth of damage to the music industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Niall123 wrote:
    Oh yeah E0.99 is just to much to ask when you can illegally get them for free and cause millions of Euro worth of damage to the music industry.

Please, please post a shred of sound economic evidence to support that claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 oblian

i didnt know lars ulrich posted here!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭feckidyparp

ergo wrote:
    how about deleting everything (which you never paid for) and then actually buying the stuff you do like

that way the relevant artist might actually see some money for their hard work and won't have to give up music and go try and find a regular job and might be able to make some more good music etc </ends rant>

Let me see if I have this straight. You want him/her to delete 2000 songs and pay for them at 99 cent each. To help the struggling artists of Rowanda maybe.
    They sing one copy for their fat cat music execs and sell millions at a price that does not reflect what your getting. Feck all CD's are value for money. If artists are worried about piracy maybe they should get up off their fat asses and go sing for their money... in front of the people who like them. thats not downloadable and they actually earn their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

Duffman wrote:
    Please, please post a shred of sound economic evidence to support that claim.

Ehh.. if you simply google. You'll find E.g. 60 million American's download from lets say P2P, meanin 60,000,000 by 99¢.

Now if your talking about doing what th OP done. 2000 songs is worth €1980 and I'm sure he's not the only one who has done this.

If artists are worried about piracy maybe they should get up off their fat asses and go sing for their money... in front of the people who like them. thats not downloadable and they actually earn their money.

Artists do that, there called concerts. Which are downloadable when bootlegged which also cost money.

Ya know what. Feck it! I really don't care if you download music or not or if you Copy CD's like that. I'm not a big anti-piracy guy. Go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yet another thread taken completely off-topic.....
    The OP asked for help with his ipod not your opinions on whether music should be pirated or not, take that to a different thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I second ephpod. It's plain and simple, and works like a charm.

And friends don't let friends pay for music.
    Sharing is caring. **** the RIAA.

Advertisement