Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

K750i Modem

• 28-11-2005 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi,

I've been trying to use the K750 as a modem for my laptop using the USB cable that was supplied with it. I've been very much on the unsuccessful side though. I'm using it on Windows XP.

I've been on to O2 customer care, I've been on to Sony Ericsson customer support. Neither could help.

When I try to connect, the phone briefly says that it's dialling the number and then just stops and I get an error 673, that it could not connect to the remote computer. The thing is, the call only lasts about half a second which is definately not enough time to listen for modem tones. I can call the number manually and hear the tones.

I've had all the settings on the phone and the laptop verified. If anyone has any idea as to what's going on, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Are you trying to connect using CSD? i.e. not GPRS

I have only used Siemens and Motorola as CSD modems, both times it was only a case of installing the driver and configure like a normal modem.. i.e. nothing more than put in the number of Eircom ISP (or whichever)

Did you try the o2 connection manager software?

(N.B. if you really want to use data it might be worth your while getting a 3G data card. They were giving them away recently for €99. A much nicer solution IMO, and much cheaper (*relatively speaking*) to use too (about €2/mb on the cheapest plan i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 thetarget

CSD. I've the Sony software installed at the moment along with all the appropriate drivers and it does exactly the same thing as when just using the Windows dialling software.

I had a look at the description on the O2 manager software (downloading now...) and it doesn't say anything about CSD. Does it support this kind of thing?

I'm planning on using free minutes only on this as I can't afford much more than that. That kinda rules out GPRS and I'm probably only going to be checking email on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I had this problem before with a Nokia 6310i on O2. Turned out I had to request data service to be turned on for my account with O2

Advertisement