Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best p2p file sharing software?

Options
  • 28-11-2005 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Does any1 know what the best and quickest file sharing software is at the moment? im using limewire 4.9 which is great but is there a better one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I think the new morpheus is meant to be good, can browse the internet while using it, it has more successful searches and it has a pretty interface, but I still use limewire and I'm not sure about spyware ect. with morpheus.
    Whats this got to do with UCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Indeed, what's this got to do with UCD?

I use Bearshare, it's quite quick for me (broadband), getting films, etc. Depending on the speed of the host, songs can be downloaded in around 20 seconds, which amazed my friend the other night (he's on dialup :p)

0%...7%...15%...27%...35%...50%...Dave your internet is fairly quick...99%...113%--wtf?

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I use XFactor on Mac OS X. It combines 4 file sharing clients (Kazaa, Ares, Gnutella (aka LimeWire), OpenFT) into one easy to use open source (hence no spyware or crap like that). I use aMule as an eDonkey client and Tomato Torrent as a BitTorrent client.

What's this got to do with UCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Woof!

i use warez and azureus..... yeah wtf has this got to do with ucd.... maybe we could turn this into... "how the hell do i download music in ucd" thread (was plannin on makin one anyway) or if theres already a thread/way for/way of that maybe "how the hell do i download music in ucd w/out gettin caught."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I'm posting in a locked thread!

hi mum !

• Advertisement
Advertisement