Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

caught in the airport with weed....

• 28-11-2005 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

was caught in the airport last week with bout 100euro worth of weed coming back from amsterdam...

customs took the weed off me and made me pay a 50euro fine to get my bag back, they took my passport number and stuff

and then said they'd do nothing else about it....

bit freaked out that i might end up in court over it

was wondering if anyone else has been caught similar and did ya end up in court??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

might i just say "your an idiot", "why?" & "what made you think it would work?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Never happened to me, Ive heard of it though. If your a young lad with no priors they should let you off. They are more concerned about other things. Where was it? I mean where did you have it stashed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

well cos its worked every other time ive brought it back.

i just threw it in my bag. there was sniffer dogs at the carousel when got off d plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

I would say that your weed is well smoked by now! Don't worry, affair closed.

well cos its worked every other time ive brought it back.

i just threw it in my bag. there was sniffer dogs at the carousel when got off d plane

In that case you can just say you forgot you had it, you were so muddled and all over the place coming home.

• Advertisement

thats what i figured

saying that i heard a story of a friend of a friend that got caught with enough for a few joints going out of the airport and got brought to court over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

What do you expect then?
    You could have at least made some kind of effort to conceal it.
    I know someone :rolleyes: who put his in a bottle of shampoo... work a treat, so he told me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

every flight that comes from Amsterdam has its passengers luggage checked throughly I mean use your head Customs are constantly catching people bringing back weed from Amsterdam they can be almost certain they will catch one idiot who thinks that he/she can get a few grams of weed back no problem so they have all bags screened,smelt by sniffer dogs and occasionally hand checked.

well its the first time ive been caught and ive done it about 10 times. usually id use a stash can but i was ****ed up on mushies when i was leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

probably better to post it inside a nescafe gold blend jar id reckon if u were that into it, or grow it from seeds (its bad stuff anyway but bringing it on the plane is lunacy)

• Advertisement

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    every flight that comes from Amsterdam has its passengers luggage checked throughly I mean use your head Customs are constantly catching people bringing back weed from Amsterdam they can be almost certain they will catch one idiot who thinks that he/she can get a few grams of weed back no problem so they have all bags screened,smelt by sniffer dogs and occasionally hand checked.

The last time I came from Amsterdam there was no luggage check. As for treating people as idiots for bringing back some weed that's nonsense. Maybe those New York Shoppers are also idiots for fooling the customs...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally I think you deserve it and that your fined and/or end up in court, very stupid thing to do and you'll think again in future.

If they find it and its obvious that you were concealing it you would be screwed though. If its hidden in a shampoo bottle there is no reasonable doubt.

Heinrich wrote:
    The last time I came from Amsterdam there was no luggage check. As for treating people as idiots for bringing back some weed that's nonsense. Maybe those New York Shoppers are also idiots for fooling the customs...
    i think there is a slight difference between shopping and drugs, but i might be mistaken

joejoem wrote:
    If its hidden in a shampoo bottle there is no reasonable doubt.
    correct, that looks bad in a court, judge could throw the book at u and claim u were a dealer.

Heinrich wrote:
    Maybe those New York Shoppers are also idiots for fooling the customs...
    drugs are illegal and cause hugh problems in society, ipods and wrangler jeans dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

well its the first time ive been caught and ive done it about 10 times. usually id use a stash can but i was ****ed up on mushies when i was leaving

Has the phrase "Take it easy on the drugs buddy" sprung into your head once in this whole episode?

If your answer is yes, then I hope you get away with thing.

If your answer is no, pass the dutchie, then I hope you get done.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lomb wrote:
    drugs are illegal and cause hugh problems in society, ipods and wrangler jeans dont.

I don't know *man*, I've been hooked on ipods for 12 months now
    I've stolen car radios and destroyed my family just so I could get a fix :rolleyes:

:v:

lomb wrote:
    correct, that looks bad in a court, judge could throw the book at u and claim u were a dealer.

I don't think a judge would think you were a dealer with 2 grams in a shampoo bottle, I mean whats the street value? 20 Euro?
    He'd think you were being a sneaky swine, but not a dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yeah you can only blame yourself. Its just not worthed being caught for bringing back such a small amount and risking getting a record.

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote:
    He'd think you were being a sneaky swine, but not a dealer.
    would u like to find out what he thinks? it doesnt look good thats all i know.

Tiesto wrote:
    Its just not worthed being caught for bringing back such a small amount and risking getting a record.
    yeah if u are going to do it u should do it properly and bring back a couple of kilos:D darwinism at its finest:)

madrab wrote:
    i think there is a slight difference between shopping and drugs, but i might be mistaken

It depends on the shopping! Alcohol and tobacco are drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

lomb wrote:

been a few ipod muggings around of late ! - mugging not a problem in dublin society ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It'll be fine. They'll take it no further.

John

lomb wrote:
    would u like to find out what he thinks? it doesnt look good thats all i know.

It would be a waste of a judges time being caught with that amount of smoke on you, it would be a fine and a slap on the wrist...
    Don't lose the run of yourself, we're not talking about tons of weed here, were talking 2-3 grams, although the op had a lot more than that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

no abuse please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

lomb wrote:
    I wouldn't say someone bringing back a little weed back from Amsterdam for personal use is gonna cause much problems for society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm sounds like someone grassed you up :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

They won't pursue you for something so small but every time you depart from/arrive in the airport in future you will be searched every time. When you check-in, a note will come up with your passport number saying that you were in possession before.

gandalf wrote:
    Hmmm sounds like someone grassed you up :p

out, get out now!

Blisterman wrote:
    I wouldn't say someone bringing back a little weed back from Amsterdam for personal use is gonna cause much problems for society.

I agree...

madrab wrote:
    out, get out now!

Hey its customs job to weed these types out.

I guess the OP will have to roll with the consequences ;)

can the report post button be used for bad puns? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

madrab wrote:
    can the report post button be used for bad puns? :)

you'd be a right dope to use it in this case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

and then said they'd do nothing else about it....

Errrr, Case Closed!!!! ???

Miss Fluff wrote:
    They won't pursue you for something so small but every time you depart from/arrive in the airport in future you will be searched every time. When you check-in, a note will come up with your passport number saying that you were in possession before

Hehehehe, *SNAP.. Cavity Search!!!!!! :D:p

you'd be a right dope to use it in this case

Ah stop making a hash out of this.......

Loved your book btw ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Yeah i was caught with about €50 worth a few years ago. My mate had about €100 worth. Didn't get fined. they just took our details and that was it. They said we *may* get a summons, but that never happened. I'd say don't worry about it. Have brought stuff back twice since then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

theres no resin to keep this thread open :confused::D

so many half-baked puns, yous should all be stoned to death!

• Advertisement

madrab wrote:
    so many half-baked puns, yous should all be stoned to death!

Such a half baked attempt at humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

gandalf wrote:
    Ah stop making a hash out of this.......

Loved your book btw ;)
    yes i was fishing through a bargain bucket the other day and came across it on the fly

ahhhhh its all going horribly wrong!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Please, make the bad puns stop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lomb wrote:

He wasn't importing kilos of heroin, he brought back a few grams of weed for himself -- hardly destroying our beautiful society is he?
    Congratulations, you're an idiot.

When did personal abuse become acceptable in this forum? :confused:
    gandalf wrote:
    Hey its customs job to weed these types out.

I guess the OP will have to roll with the consequences ;)

lol, good call :D

OP, what did you do differently this time that got you caught? :confused:

Anyways, hopefully nothing more will come of it -- I should think the courts have more important things to deal with (wait does that count as a pun? :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭BadAcidStudios

why do people think this isnt going to be taken any further. every year people are brought to court for being caught with measly amounts of hash at oxegen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

why do people think this isnt going to be taken any further. every year people are brought to court for being caught with measly amounts of hash at oxegen
    Thats what I was thinking too. Strange the customs saying nothing would happen. You'd think they would scare him at least. I thought you would have been in way more trouble importing it than having it at a music festival.

Stupid for doing it, especially when you can order far better stuff online, at a cheaper price too.

wow i didnt realise that cdwow had branched out

rubadub wrote:

Stupid for doing it, especially when you can order far better stuff online, at a cheaper price too.

Clear your inbox, I need to pm you about something :D:D:D

hahaha

You really win some sort of stupidity award for this one.

If you are not a troll that is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement