Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

caught in the airport with weed....

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

right then

FACT : mate worked in the airport and saw first hand security checking through luggage from Amsterdam regularly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

FACT: Moses was japanese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

FACT: your mate worked part time.
    FACT: Didn't get paid to watch security search all bags from Amsterdam.
    FACT: FX knows of over 100 successful stories of people bringing weed from Amsterdam. Not one was caught.

Back down kid, you're way out of your depth. Get out and get some fresh air.

I can only say what ive been told by someone who has actually worked in the airport of course you claim with little evidence that this is false,fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What I am trying to say is that breaking the law is not big and clever, not once did I say drinking beer was big and clever nor was it safer than drugs.

so i take it you have never been drunk and a bit roudy going home?

oh the bag being checked issue. They dont check them. There's four flights from the dam to dublin everyday. Thats to much to religiusly check each one. THey dont have the reasources.

What i'd say happens is the passengers are profiled and if one looks like a potentially major smuggler there bag will be checked. Even then its very unlikely. Most major smugglers dont travel straight from Amsterdam as its risky. They would usually get flights from brussels or germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭angelbaby

Hardly tink ud get done for dat. not like u had enough ta deal wit ya so deyl prob do notin more about dont tink. wudnt say ud end up in court anyway def not after gettin caught just once. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

so i take it you have never been drunk and a bit roudy going home?

oh the bag being checked issue. They dont check them. There's four flights from the dam to dublin everyday. Thats to much to religiusly check each one. THey dont have the reasources.

What i'd say happens is the passengers are profiled and if one looks like a potentially major smuggler there bag will be checked. Even then its very unlikely. Most major smugglers dont travel straight from Amsterdam as its risky. They would usually get flights from brussels or germany.
    hmmm... you seem to know alot about this... ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Lads i know you all know someone, but my uncles, girlsfriends, mother in laws cousin says your all wrong :)
    and for those who say they dont check them i think the OP would disagree with you.
    Seriously though, you should have watched that documentary about security at manchester airport. I'm sure its much the same in most airports.
    They select people at random to check their bags. Doesnt matter where they came from, they pick say every 25th (a number i made up, they change it every day) person that goes through the gates to search, but they will do a search if you look dodgy or they have info on you and wont wait for the 25th person. Your chances of getting away without being checked are therefore fairly high, but is it worth the risk? I would say the OPs chances of getting away without being checked are significantly lower now though since he was caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    every flight that comes from Amsterdam has its passengers luggage checked throughly

No it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

DaveMcG wrote:
    hmmm... you seem to know alot about this... ¬_¬
    oh if only you knew...

the irony, eh chucky?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

was caught in the airport last week with bout 100euro worth of weed coming back from amsterdam...

customs took the weed off me and made me pay a 50euro fine to get my bag back, they took my passport number and stuff

and then said they'd do nothing else about it....

bit freaked out that i might end up in court over it

was wondering if anyone else has been caught similar and did ya end up in court??

Serves you right mate coming back from the Dam with weed what the hell were you thinking?Anywhere else you would probably have gotten away with it,why didn't you do the smart thing like get a train outside Amsterdam one day,carefully conceal the weed and post it back to your gaff or someones flat,worked before me a few years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

JimmySmith wrote:
    It happened to him more or less the same way that the OP stated. US immigration stopped him because he came up in their security check i guess, because it was logged when he was caught with the weed.

That was the thing I didn't get. How did the US immigration, working for the US government, get access to Irish records for something that he never went to or had the opion of going to court about.

Maybe I'm naive but I had thought that the Data Protection act didn't allow different govt agencies sharing data about you with each other, let alone with a foreign government. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

FX Meister wrote:
    FACT: FX knows of over 100 successful stories of people bringing weed from Amsterdam. Not one was caught.

My uncle works in customs and I had a friend work there for a few summers.
    Airport police have absolutly nothing to do with searching for drugs.
    If you haven't washed your clothes in 3 weeks and have long hair they'll check.

Has anyone had much success posting it back. I tried before but didn't try very hard, just bag in bag with coffee, in envelope. It got stopped and I got a letter saying exactly how much was in it (~4grams). I think a hollowed out hard drive would be the best idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

I posted some back too in a cd case sprayed with aftershave and in a bag covereed weith toothpaste (yeuck !) it never arrived... dont blame though, they prob died of the stink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

lomb wrote:
    drugs are illegal and cause hugh problems in society

Like bad spelling?

E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I've put it inside a birthday card, finely crushed, with a postcard on either side of it. Put it inside a plastic bag, and used women's perfume on it. I sent four home the last time I was in Amsterdam and all of them arrived safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Do not post/smuggle it with coffee or very strong smelling stuff. dogs are trained to smell masking smells too. just make it air tight and then pack it again.

My girlfriend gets searched everytime we fly. I mean everytime. without fail. They normally pull her aside and search her bags and do ion testing (fool proof). They even took apart an old camera to see if there was anything inside it. Its very weird because she looks quite young (she's 26, but looks <20).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

0utshined wrote:
    That was the thing I didn't get. How did the US immigration, working for the US government, get access to Irish records for something that he never went to or had the opion of going to court about.

Maybe I'm naive but I had thought that the Data Protection act didn't allow different govt agencies sharing data about you with each other, let alone with a foreign government. :confused:

I think we would all be surprised at the info govts can get when it comes to drugs and terrorism now.
    I'm sure the op probably signed somthing or admitted somthing. Then there is nothing to stop them from sharing the info. A bit like a credit rating agency i suppose :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

FX Meister wrote:

proper order. very easy to get it back. do it right and remember the 11th commandment:

though shalt not get caught!

(then again, Jeffrey Archer wrote that book and he did get caught)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭da1&only

i am only back from the Dam a few weeks and i succesfully brought back about two grams in my bag i wouldn push my luck and try it again i would rather post it back with out the risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I think there might be some trolling here.

The OP's thread seems a bit doobie-us :D

*snigger*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

pffttt.....

worst pun ever!

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    I can only say what ive been told by someone who has actually worked in the airport of course you claim with little evidence that this is false,fair enough.

Well you show no evidence of having any friends, which leads me to believe your story is completely false. Thats all I have to say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

are you a train spotter FX Meister?

FX Meister wrote:
    Well you show no evidence of having any friends, which leads me to believe your story is completely false.

not true were not all losers like yourself ;)

I dont know how im meant to prove that my source exists so i'll leave it, it is perfectly safe to carry illegal drugs through airports people just ask FX Meister they never check luggage.....why......eh because FX Meister says so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

ladies, adies, ladies.....

no need to for a cat fight.

everybody is entitled to their opinions an different angles....

totally agree, I just dont like being patronized and called a liar for giving my input thats all.

Anyways many people have done it and got away with it and many people have done it and gotten caught I wouldnt take the risk but thats just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

dublin airport??? my dad's customs there and says all they do with pitiful amounts (such as 100euro weed) is put it in the lockdown and leave it at that.

It's only if you're a persistent offender that you'll get into trouble over it

bounty wrote:
    are you a train spotter FX Meister?
    No, but they're my parents. He's not even a train spotter.

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    not true were not all losers like yourself ;)

I dont know how im meant to prove that my source exists so i'll leave it, it is perfectly safe to carry illegal drugs through airports people just ask FX Meister they never check luggage.....why......eh because FX Meister says so.

Jeez, there you go again talking BS and trying to pass it off as fact. Get a life dude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

oh if only you knew...

the irony, eh chucky?

;)

mom's the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

The 50 euro fine for getting your bag back is a joke. Got stung with a bit of hash in a so-called "safe can". How can that 50 euro fine be justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Please don't resurrect zombie threads.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement