Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re: What Engine Oil To Use Pls

Options
  • 28-11-2005 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

My old mans primera is in need of a service as the dash looks like a xmass tree with the amount of lights that are flashing and warning him to take action. The last thing i have to do now is change the oil and replace the filter,
    I,ve used Carlube 15W 40 oil in my own and in my sisters car and need to know if its ok to use in a 1.6 99 primera engine, im not sure if this oil is Mineral or synthetic i assume its synthetic what with it been a newish oil and so on but it does state on the label that its more so for older engines, pre 90 i think so im not that sure about using it! My father says hes used it before so im left asking for outside help pls!
    Also should i use an engine flush or would a straight oil change do the job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

originally, Primera 1999 1.6 uses mineral 10W30 SJA2-96 api/acea

alternative 5W30 SJA1-96 api/acea

Advertisement