Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Parent Teacher Meeting

Options
  • 28-11-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

I have my daughters first parent teacher meeting this evening.
    I haven't a clue how these things work.
    Are there any particular questions I should ask?
    I'm afraid that all the teacher will say is "she's fine, grand" and not go into detail.
    I know she's only in Junior Infants, but I want to know how she is getting on and fitting in etc.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well for my childresn assement in the run up to the parent teacher meeting
    they both have this year and in previous years had a test or a list of assignemts
    which they did in the run up to the meeting.

This covers the goals they should be hitting, letter forming, colouring in, drawing a picture of themself. The excersie of sitting and quiet and doing the work is part of the assesment. The child's general behaviour and how well they interact with the other children in the class is reported on as well.

Two weeks ago I had the meeting for my daughter in senior infants and her teacher had this year pages and the one from last year to compare how well she is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Well, had the meeting last night. Very pleased with her.
    Have to get an angel outfit for the Christmas play... suggestions welcome!

The teacher went through every category and spoke at length about her abilities and performance. Quite a good meeting.

Advertisement