Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods

Options
  • 28-11-2005 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any news on mods coming out for BF2? would like to see Pirates released and also maybe a mod with all the maps from BF:1942 and BFV in BF2.....would be a good laugh!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

IG-Calibre wrote:

Thanks......anyone play any of these mods? they any use? used to love Point of Existance on BFV but BF2 is more or less like that now!! the tanks in that mod where class!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

AFAIk there aren't any mods yet for BF2 of the DC sort, just a bunch of mini-mods that change how the game plays and feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Theres a WCC mod flying that pumps up the power of all the weapons, fighter jets aridiculously good, instead bombs they have missiles that track a ground target once you aquired a lock, and the area damage is pretty significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I said it before in a different post.

Install these mods at your own peril.
    I installed BF2 nights, project reality and some other thing.
    Ended up reinstallling the game several times and eventually had to to a repair installation of WINXP.

Although they look great and the premise behind them is good, only god knows what kind of nonsense programming has gone into them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Someone should make a Irish Rangers team for SF, shocking they are not in it.
    Would whoop SAS pansies ass any time :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

There's a few 'mini-mods' that are quite useful for either people still only playing the demo or people who are offline/want offline training that's a bit more "involved", e.g. unlock 32/64 maps and/or 32/64 bots in single player.

Useful to train with jets, helos and the like with a more 'real' setting (read: kinda like online MP).

URL with FAQs/downloads here, be careful as one or two of the mods (the 64BSP.exe or something like that) have a trojan. Also, read in full as you may not be able to play online if you install some of these & don't back up your original files. These also work with the demo!

Doesn't beat online MP, of course, and you need a fairly decent rig for 64/64 in SP, but a 64 bot SP on a 16 player map can be quite interesting, that'll get your juices flowing ;)

As an indication, I get 45 FPS with 32 map/64 bots on a (A64 3000 + 1GB RAM 2700 + Radeon 9700 Pro), 800x600 everything medium + no AA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

I like the PRMM it's good however since the release of patch 1.12 I think it has screwed up the running of any mods at the minute - I never had any problem running the mods either :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I rekon ea messed up the mod developers kit on purpose so the developers would have a hard time getting a mod ready before special forces was released.The mods that are out are all bugggy...this would explain why?

Advertisement