Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My new purchase

Options
  • 28-11-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Well I have been looking around for a while to change my motor, had a 03 3dr 1.5 almera, with 48k on the clock, never really took to it, had a 98 Astra before that and the Almera lacked in power and handling compared to the Astra.

So I was looking at a few Volvo C70's but they were all carrying high milage and were a bit pricey. My fathers mate has been driving a subaru legacy for the last 2 years and every time it came into the yard I admired it, so I decided to buy it.

It's a 2.5l Auto AWD GX:
    flynnstullow754.jpg

What you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

Looks like a beaut!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Bloody great car - parents have had several of them and won't drive anything else. Good luck with it, and good luck keeping points off your license!!! How much did it cost?

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Got it for €15,000, it has 40k on the clock and comes with 4 new tyres. My da's mate rarely drove it as he's a mechanic, his wife just drove into town really. I wasn't mad about an Auto but I fell in love with it when I drove it, handling is unreal. I think it's good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The auto box is very smooth and with only 40k on the clock you should get good service from it. They handle like on rails and are very capable load-luggers and mile-eaters. Sounds like you got a bargain - give me a shout when you are selling it!!

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

She looks lovely alright, colour wouldn't be my kettle of fish, but if everyone liked the same colour, then things would be pretty dull:D .
    I changed my car today as well - bought a '03 1.5Cdi Megane (I can hear the gasps and groans from here), and yes, I did read HungryJoey's thread!
    She drives lovely and the previous owner had a motorola bluetooth kit installed (worth over €120) that the dealer never mentioned (I rekon he didn't even know it was in it).
    I drove this and a 2.0 Pug 307HDi - the Pug seemed dead compared to the Megane - strange seeing as it's a 1.5 and the Pug was a 2.0 - maybe there was a problem with it?
    And who said the Celtic tiger was dead:D

Anyhow, best of luck with the it and as they say around here - keep her between the ditches!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

While I am not into Japanese cars in general I do like the engineering in Subaru's - its a pity they don't put more effort into the styling though but your Subaru looks cool.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Nice car alright, good luck with it. I had a Subaru 1.8 turbo estate years ago and loved it, 4 wheel drive and automatic too, it was an amazing car with height ajustable suspension and it wasn't a jap import. The build quality is very high but the newer ones are a little bit tinney but very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

BigCon wrote:
    She looks lovely alright, colour wouldn't be my kettle of fish, but if everyone liked the same colour, then things would be pretty dull:D .
    I changed my car today as well - bought a '03 1.5Cdi Megane (I can hear the gasps and groans from here), and yes, I did read HungryJoey's thread!

Nice to know I am noticed ;)

Quick update on one of the Megane problems i had recently. The Petrol Cap has been Repaired. Cost 123 Euro to be precise ;)

Sorry about small Hijack.

Regarding the Legacy, What kind of BHP does that engine throw out ?

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Still OT - would the petrol cap not have been covered by the warranty (unless it was damaged through misuse or vandalism)?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

HungryJoey wrote:
    Regarding the Legacy, What kind of BHP does that engine throw out ?

156BHP, 0-100km/h in 10.1 seconds. Topspeed 205km/h. Max torque 223NM @3600rpm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

unkel wrote:
    156BHP, 0-100km/h in 10.1 seconds. Topspeed 205km/h. Max torque 223NM @3600rpm

:eek: , slow slow slow , for a 2.5?????? are u sure Unkel? ...off course you are.

Wow, thought youd get a lot more than that

EDIT: yeah but to OP , it looks very nice and i actually think the colour is excellent. Good deal too .
    But damn , cant believe how slow it is

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

PlayaFlow wrote:

It isn't that slow. Remember you get traction from all 4 wheels? :)

It's only a 4 cylinder though and the 4 (!) speed auto box does not help performance compared to the manual. It reduces the 0-100km/h figure by more than a second...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I believe this model is 165Bhp, I could be wrong though. I'm not into speeding anyway done enough of that as a young lad, just like a nice smooth safe comfortable drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

BigCon wrote:
    Still OT - would the petrol cap not have been covered by the warranty (unless it was damaged through misuse or vandalism)?

Well TBH We don't know if it was damaged by Vandalism or just Pure renaults electronics. They never told us. Hopefully no more problems will arise.

Hj

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

2.5 Subaru petrol, have you taken out shares in your local filling station yet? :)

Good luck with it, I like the colour - slightly darker version of the gold colour on my Astra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

PlayaFlow wrote:
    :eek: , slow slow slow , for a 2.5?????? are u sure Unkel? ...off course you are.

Wow, thought youd get a lot more than that

EDIT: yeah but to OP , it looks very nice and i actually think the colour is excellent. Good deal too .

Compared to a 1.5 Almera it probably feels like Concorde

Advertisement