Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smarts076 VoIP Service

• 28-11-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

anyone heard about this?

www.smart076.ie

rick.

[MOD] Just made a edit to the title of this thread :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Just tried it, worked fine with my spa 2000, going to go see if it will work with my asterisk box now, wonder do they do iax as well as sip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I heard about it ages ago. I didn't know it was up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rickd

seems to be in beta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Prices of the calls are a bit cheaper with blueface.

They give an 076 number when you sign-up, blueface only offers that when you register the any of the plans.

They offer the PAP2 for €65 with €15 credit, so that will be €50 for it, but probably locked to them.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Does anyone know how you would set this up on the second line of thge linksys wireless ata/router ? Can you have blueface on one ata port, and smart on the other ?

Thanks,
    Eamon

• Advertisement

wexfordman wrote:
    Does anyone know how you would set this up on the second line of thge linksys wireless ata/router ? Can you have blueface on one ata port, and smart on the other ?

Thanks,
    Eamon

Hi

If the PAP2 is unlock yes you can do that. If it's locked depending how the lock is done, most of them both lines are locked so that will mean not you can't, a few of them only have 1 line locked in that case you can setup line 2 with a diferent provider.

Regards

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It seems enn.ie have finally realised Smart have a VoIP service
    http://www.electricnews.net/news.html?code=9656081

so whats the big difference between Smart 076 and Blueface?

Seems to be:

1 can't get a dublin telephone number from smart
    2 get a free customised softphone from smart
    3 with smart, 076 number is active straight away

anything else i'm missing?

r.

My opinion:
    1. Blueface have more choices of plans and hardware.
    2. Blueface call charges are better.
    3. Blueface has 10/10 customer support with answer within a few minutes to any questions sent.

1. Smart also sells the USB phone, not everyone wants to get a ATA.
    2. Smart gives free call credit with the purchases.
    3. Smart e-mails to Support and customer care bounced back, 1890 support number doesn't work.
    4. Smart hardware is cheaper.

So Blueface is much better for me, I will buy hardware from Smart if I need it and use it with Blueface.
    I think because Blueface are only a new and small company and they really care about their customers.

only launched yesterday so guess there are some issues to be resolved.

so far my experience of Smart 076 has been great.

for support they have a forum site at http://076.ie which i guess will deal with the main questions...

r.

• Advertisement
Advertisement