Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A good plate for 06

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

It is where your registered postal address is. ie, where you live at the time the documentation is done is the county letter you get. Unless of course he lives in Dublin, but parents still live in Mayo or something, and he never bothered changing his postal address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

eoin_s wrote:
    06-D-80085 - definitely the one to go with

Yeh..... great if you are getting it in Oct '06 !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

06-D-90
    or
    06-D-60

I think- just looks tidy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Big Balls wrote:
    Yeh..... great if you are getting it in Oct '06 !!!!!!!!!

I know. But "Boobs" though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Get your cash back !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Could you go for a non Dublin reg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

qz wrote:
    06-d-1337 !

*cough* loser *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Personally, I like low numbers - they're a bit more 'exclusive' e.g. 06-D-10, 06-D-15, etc etc

Think about it - how often do you see a low reg number?!

Failing that I would opt for an even number ... 06-D-100, 06-D-200, etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

The more numbers the better makes it harder for people to remember in road rage events eg 06 D 39736 and may also be taken down incorrectly in the event of a parking ticket.

69 mustang wrote:
    The more numbers the better makes it harder for people to remember in road rage events eg 06 D 39736 and may also be taken down incorrectly in the event of a parking ticket.

Think you will be remembered in a '69 Mustang :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

eoin_s wrote:
    You can't have "002", it would just be "2". You would have to space it out (illegal) like 06-LM-1 002

06-D-80085 - definitely the one to go with

I think 06-D-1 is reserved for the Mayor of Dublin? Could be the same for other counties

Well I know that in Cork some of the Cs go on Citroens, so you have 06 C 2 etc

but i wonder if the lord mayor gets a Citroen CI instead of a Mondeo as this car has only recently been launched.

I don't think any Lord Mayor will be driving about in a little two-door car!

The first reg each year is reserved for the Lord Mayors in Cork,Limerick and Waterford. .....i.e. 06-C-1, 06-L-1, 06-W-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

we have lord mayors??? ....thats news to me!

is it another person that just shakes peoples hands and cuts ribbons? ? ..*cough*MaryMcAleese*cough*

if so he doesnt deserve a fancy plate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

low numbers - they're a bit more 'exclusive' e.g. 06-D-10, 06-D-15, etc etc

Think about it - how often do you see a low reg number?!

Low numbers are purchased by people for prestige cars, you dont see a low number on a fiesta. What I have noticed is that some people have purchased a second hand car from abroad and fitted a low number that was never issued. I thought that you could not do that. I guess they dont want anyone to know they are driving an import, but a car originally registered here new. So far i noticed a glanza with two numbers and a tvr with three numbers. If they arrived here new, they must have cost an arm and a leg to buy, coupled with VRT and vat.

G Luxel wrote:
    Low numbers are purchased by people for prestige cars, you dont see a low number on a fiesta.

I've seen low numbers on 'everyday' cars, e.g.
    Astra with ##-KE-1 number,
    Seat Alhambra with ##-LS-7, etc etc
    G Luxel wrote:
    What I have noticed is that some people have purchased a second hand car from abroad and fitted a low number that was never issued. I thought that you could not do that. I guess they dont want anyone to know they are driving an import, but a car originally registered here new. So far i noticed a glanza with two numbers and a tvr with three numbers. If they arrived here new, they must have cost an arm and a leg to buy, coupled with VRT and vat.

Thats sounds very iffy alright !
    They must be changing chassis/engine/reg number from a crashed car to a recent import ?!?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

PlayaFlow wrote:
    *cough* loser *cough*
    PlayaFlow wrote:
    ..*cough*MaryMcAleese*cough*

You should really have that cough looked at, you've had it for nearly 2 weeks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

what about 06-D-404 :D

greglo23 wrote:
    what about 06-D-404 :D

what's that - car not found?

Advertisement