Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to wait for Eircom Broadband install?

• 28-11-2005 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Just ordered eircom broadband online. Had been thinkning about BT Broadband but the billing problems put me off.

The Eircom site tells me the modem etc should be out to me within 3 weeks. Is this a typical wait time or could it be sooner?

I'll probably have to collect it from the post office anyway unless Mr Postie can fit it through the letterbox.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

ABout 2-3 weeks from time of order. Had to collect mine from sorting office. Easy to install, got up and running within 15 mins. No issues whatsoever with service since Oct, excellent for online gaming:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

I ordered BT broadband and was told it would take 14 days, but it turned out i would have to wait 6weeks, no reason give. I cancelled with and ordered eircom broadband and i got my package WO Netopia a week later and my broadband line was active 2 days before i suppose to be.

The only bad thing is they said i would be on 1Mb as i signed up starter package, but im still on 512KB and im still waiting. I have'nt had any problems with speed or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Ive heard from the 'inside' that they'll be upgrading to 2MB either by the end of the year or early next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

TomCo wrote:
    Ive heard from the 'inside' that they'll be upgrading to 2MB either by the end of the year or early next.

Yep thats true, there was an article on siliconrepublic.com about it, it'll happen in January, and not only download speed 1mb to 2mb...but also upload 128k to 256k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Does that mean that we'll end up paying more for the Home Starter Package? It's 29.99 a month at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

thejuggler wrote:
    Does that mean that we'll end up paying more for the Home Starter Package? It's 29.99 a month at present.
    No. It'll be a free upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Anyone heard if the cap will also be increased?

Advertisement