Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North West Meath

Options
  • 28-11-2005 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Any takers?

THe goings on.

Whats the dealiolio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

oldcastle?

Dead town.

Athboy?

used to be good, now's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Any takers?

THe goings on.

Whats the dealiolio

Please tell me that your first ever post on boards.ie was that random jibish that i have just painstakingly read for all of two seconds ? Another post like that and you will find yourself out in the cold, if you want to discuss north west meath by all means please do so , but do not come on here and start thread with random statements . You make a statement you back it up fully.

Im going to leave this thread open as there might be people that want to discuss north west meath and please feel free to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Well then I didnt make a statement so I dont need to back it up, anywho where you from?

Well then I didnt make a statement so I dont need to back it up, anywho where you from?

So im going to point this out to you nice and simple.
    Any takers?
    This is a question , Actually this is your opening remark and its a bloddy question , what is that all about ?
    THe goings on.
    This is a statement , I know how silly it looks but it is classified as a statement , Now it has no relevance to anything and it wasn't backed up hence me asking you to illaborate on your posts a wee bit more

One can have an operation to get that removed

• Advertisement

40mm-padlock.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jellytots

Hi

was sorry to see that thread on NW Meath got closed. Would actually be good to have some propoer chat/discussion about it.

So here's my bit:

Athboy - can't comment don't know it well enough.
    Oldcastle - actually not a dead town, has lots happening, too many pubs for my liking though. The commute to Dublin every day is a killer, anyone else finding this too? Gorgeous area and consider myself very very lucky to have found my dream home there. It often gets forgotten by MCC and the rest of the county, but I've actually found it very friendly and very welcoming. Will be great if the cinema re-opens.

So, anyone got anything to say - lets have a discussion please people, not just garbage.

I have reopened the thread and , I've merged the two thread together so you guys can discuss north west meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

ah beautiful Oldcastle aka little Russia :) my hometown. Does anyone still go to the Tunnel? i used to spin the decks the odd saturday a long time ago. Ah memories

Little Russia not a bad title. I have heard a lot of stuff about beatings and tensions between rival groups both Irish and non Irish in the area, although its just from what I ve read and heard no first hand experience. The problem is that these non nationals have arrived at such a large amount over a short period of time that there was always going to be problems. It takes time to adjust, I m sure similar things were happening 150 years ago when many Irish people found themselves in a land faraway in the search for work.
    A bit of understanding and tolerance goes a long way, however when alcohol is injected to the mix then all that goes out the window.

Oh the Tunnel, a name change would do the world of good.

• Advertisement

Totts

Do you drive up every day?
    Is it city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

yeah alcohol the cause of, and solution to lifes problems as Homer Simpsons says. my brother employed an eastern european guy who worked well with him and told my brother that the foreigners coming to Ireland now are ex cons and that they have a brand mark on their hard. He said it was like 3 dots in a triangle, shows that they had done time in their own country, whether thats true or not i dont know. theres no variety with the tunnel. Every weekend, same people, same music does your head in.

the music comes and goes but the people remain

Advertisement