Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane to Everton?

• 28-11-2005 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

According to some betting exchanges there is a distinct possibility that this may happen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Also news that he is going to

Real Madrid
    Portsmouth(offered coaching role)
    West Ham(reports today that Pardew has asked board for money for him)
    Celtic(Strachan has come out and said he wants him)
    Man CIty(wont go becasue of fear of backlash)
    and many other numerous clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

you can pretty much link most clubs in the world with him with maybe the xceptions of arsenal, chelsea and liverpool. oh yeah and maybe sunderland while mick is still there:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Can't see him going to another Prem club. My money is on Celtic in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Its a new club every day on the back page of the papers :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Hobart wrote:
    Can't see him going to another Prem club. My money is on Celtic in Jan.

Yea he said that himself, he said he'd find it difficult comin back to old traffoed to play against Man United!! My money is on him joining Celtic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mchurl wrote:
    you can pretty much link most clubs in the world with him with maybe the xceptions of arsenal, chelsea and liverpool. oh yeah and maybe sunderland while mick is still there:D

Forgot Utd...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Davei141 wrote:
    Its a new club every day on the back page of the papers :D.

Thats true. A new club everyday. We should try guess tomorrows backpage :D

South African Champions the Mamelodi Sundowns offer Keane 2 Year contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

4/5 on blue SQ....
    Evens on SkyBet....
    there must be at least some discussions going on...
    are punters just dictating this market and setting the price? or do the bookies now something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Real Madrid will consider signing Roy Keane on a short-term contract to shake up the Bernabeu outfit. (The Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/4476942.stm

but i wouldnt worry about that since its the sun, hehe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm just waiting for some paper to throw Man Utd into the race to sign him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i can remember hearing, maybe even on here, very soon after keane left that everton were interested in taking keane on in a player/coach role. doesnt make it fact but it shows that the everton possibility has been lurking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Odds taken down off PaddyPower, Ladbrokes and even Betfair. Everton 1/2 with SkyBet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

whiskeyman wrote:

Thats where the Daily Mirror comes in... hehe.

Everton eh? Never thought Keano would have chosen them.

Then again, I never thought he would have left United the way he did. Its a funny old game I 'spose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Everton eh? Never thought Keano would have chosen them.

Keane eh? Never thought Everton would have chosen him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Haha, didn't mean it in a derogatory sense, I like Everton lots - was at Goodison a while back and had great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

i can remember hearing, maybe even on here, very soon after keane left that everton were interested in taking keane on in a player/coach role. doesnt make it fact but it shows that the everton possibility has been lurking.

i think it was me who posted about that.

I heard a runour a couple of months ago that there were talks of Keane going to Everton in January as a player slash coach..

I still have the feeling that punters are dictating the market.
    remember Terry Venables/Ireland Manager betting being suspended?
    and its now re-open with Aldridge as favorite on betfair...with venables at 6/1 if any1 fancies that action :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Washout wrote:
    i think it was me who posted about that.

I heard a runour a couple of months ago that there were talks of Keane going to Everton in January as a player slash coach..

I still have the feeling that punters are dictating the market.
    remember Terry Venables/Ireland Manager betting being suspended?
    and its now re-open with Aldridge as favorite on betfair...with venables at 6/1 if any1 fancies that action :)

Has to be the punters dictating the markets imo. a move to everton wouldnt be bad for keano as i feel he would have a lot of influence in terms of coaching etc.

whiskeyman wrote:

Lol Only the Mirror would do that!!!:D

Advertisement