Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire -> DSL (which one???)

• 28-11-2005 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I made the mistake and chose Clearwire to avoid paying for an Eircom landline. Eejit :)
    Clearwire, as discussed in other threads, blocks P2P completely by killing the traffic on P2P services + also seems to be blocking Skype, although Customer Service claim they are only "remodelling the ports", or something.
    Thank God i'm still within the "cooling off" period and my eircom switchboard is DSL enabled.
    So, my question to you, good people, what is the best DSL broadband (1mbps is enough) that does not block P2P and VoIp.
    Please hurry up with your answers, 'cause i've only 2 days left to cancle Clearwire withou paying the fee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Smart if you can get it, or IOL or Eircom.

AFAIK Clearwire and Digiweb are the only providers who block stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

eth0_ wrote:
    Smart if you can get it, or IOL or Eircom.

AFAIK Clearwire and Digiweb are the only providers who block stuff.

Digiweb do not block P2P or "stuff" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

NTL is da dogs dangly bits!

wireless = problems + grey hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bitelz

i've decided to go with BT Broadband (is this the same thing as IOL?). 40 quid for bb and line rental (Clearwire charge you the same for ****ty bb without P2P).
    Anyone warn me now, before it's too late
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bt is a pretty safe bet from the sounds of other ppl, the only thing to watch out for is your bills, their billing dept. is notoriously bad...

• Advertisement
Advertisement