Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnstown - Kilcairn Exchange

• 28-11-2005 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I live in Johnstown and have been following the boards with interest and was delighted when I heard that Johnstown was now broadband enabled.

But when I rang Eircom, they told me my line failed.

I chased them up on a reason for it and they eventually told me I was too far from the exchange.

I've waited this long and now THIS scuppers me!

I was wondering if there was anyone else from this so that we can really go after Eircom with numbers.

Joe

You live in Johnstown. Can you get broadband? 2 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

dunjos wrote:
    I live in Johnstown and have been following the boards with interest and was delighted when I heard that Johnstown was now broadband enabled.

I chased them up on a reason for it and they eventually told me I was too far from the exchange.

I was wondering if there was anyone else from this so that we can really go after Eircom with numbers.

Joe

How far do you live from the exchange? DSL is distance sensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

dunjos wrote:

Joe

Where are you? I'm in Cill Foireann which is on the fringe of Johnstown up past the village and I can get it in fact I just got connected today....

When I rang a couple of weeks ago I was told no my line was a fail but I insisted that my line may not have been checked yet since the exchange was newly enabled. The girl finally conceeded that this was a possibility and she would get it checked ion a day oe two.. within two days it was passing the online line test. I suggest you push some more...

good luck

Advertisement