Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder Advice Please!

• 28-11-2005 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all
    Maybe someone out there can help me. Im heading off on my travels for a year and want to bring a camcorder along for the ride. It'll need to be reasonably small, and while I don't want to fork out a fortune, neither do I want to get something cheap that won't last.
    I guess my budget is about €400-€500 by Irish standards, but my mate in Thailand is actually going to buy it there for less.
    So what I need really is advice on the best brands, models, features I shouldnt be without, features that arent worth paying extra for etc.
    Also wondering if Id be better off spending that little bit more for one with a hard drive and/or USB port? Is it worth getting one with an SD card? I hear those with DVDs arent great and so far, all the advice has pointed towards getting the straight forward models with tapes.
    I guess its worth keeping in mind that I'll be travelling and wont have my PC with me, but I will have a 30GB smart drive with me.
    And finally, if I get the ones with tapes, is it difficult/expensive to get them transferred to DVDs in camera shops around the world, or is it pretty straight forward?
    All advice welcome!!
    Thanks!

Advertisement