Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Sellers & IDN

Options
  • 28-11-2005 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hello,

I’m recently after installing a new patch for Firefox that prevents hoax domains from phishing against me. The patch can be found here for anyone who is interested. Basically, your browser acknowledges IDN which allows malicious thieves to masquerade as a well known website as one of their own. For example someone could register paypal.com but with the Latin a instead of the English a, and then consequently send out emails to people and ask them to authentic their account....etc...etc.......no Christmas presents for little Bobby! :eek:

That pluggin I mentioned goes some way to prevent IDN in your browser. But what I want to know is...What would happen if I tried to register a domain with a Latin A or a domain such as cltybank.com (where the i is an l) with an Irish Web host.
    What is the webhosts responsibility?
    Would I get reported?
    Is it even possible in Ireland or what I have to register the domain in Brazil or something?

Comments

Advertisement