Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlito What you think ?

• 28-11-2005 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

This guy has great mic skills and is in my opinion the best heel in the wwe at the moment. I see that he is getting more positive fan reaction every week, Last week Heat taping in the UK i see the whole crowd where chanting "Carlito Carlito". Do you think he make a good babyface or would the wwe be better keeping him as a heel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hate the gimmick, hate the hair, hate his wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hulk4ever

Dude

I was at the point on 20th and have to say him and flair havea great gimmick goin. Loved when Hogan kicked his ass though in that tag match with HBk.

By the way where the hell did wwe wrestlers stay after show ? I know they were in the herbert park hotel the time at the rds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Here, have an apple!

dlofnep wrote:
    Here, have an apple!

That's not cool dude. Rather say my prayers & eat my vitamins and watch the recent raw shows of Hogan kickin Carlito, HBK & Tyson Tomko's butt's! Now that's cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

His look is different, he can talk and he carries himself well. I think the jury is still out on how good of a wrestler he is but he's young and he certainly has potential. Overall I think he has star quality. Of all the people they have debuted over the last year I think he's the one thats had the biggest impact and the most over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

He needs a decent finisher. And a tune up on his in ring moves and he'll be good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I think everyone can agree that Carlito is great on the mic, has great charisma, and has a decent gimmick at worst.

However, his wrestling skills have seriously failed to impress me. I think he has weak offense and has to be carried to passable matches. He has yet to come up with/ be given a finisher, which is becoming a bit of a problem because it makes him seem less believable in the ring: he really needs to get a finsher that he and WWE can put over. I cant see him progressing much further unless he seriously improves his in-ring skills. There are far better wrestlers to have come out of OVW in the last year or two- however, Carlito beats all of them in terms of mic skills and charisma (with the exception of Mrrrrrrrrr Kennedy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

WWE will keep him as a heel for now anyway. This reminds me when Christian became over with the fans but Vince and co. didn't like how he did it on his own , so they had him do nothing and let him. I can't see the same happening to Carlito but then again you never know !

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

I think everyone can agree that Carlito is great on the mic, has great charisma, and has a decent gimmick at worst.

However, his wrestling skills have seriously failed to impress me. I think he has weak offense and has to be carried to passable matches. He has yet to come up with/ be given a finisher, which is becoming a bit of a problem because it makes him seem less believable in the ring: he really needs to get a finsher that he and WWE can put over. I cant see him progressing much further unless he seriously improves his in-ring skills. There are far better wrestlers to have come out of OVW in the last year or two- however, Carlito beats all of them in terms of mic skills and charisma (with the exception of Mrrrrrrrrr Kennedy).

he is using test's old finisher now the testdrive
    and i think him and mr kennedy will be the stars of tomorow but if you look at them now in that light they will be a dissapointment to many who seem to think that wrestling moves and selling are the moswt important thiong to wwe but its not <it should be > but insted its mic skills and entertainment so its not going to change not for a while butif they do make it who is going to be the big face star i had my eye on lashly but he seems like a brock rip-off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

He always seems to be having a conversation with himself when entering the ring or when other wrestlers are talking to him which i find Halorious :D. By the way I got one hell of look from all the austin fans and everybody round me when i roared out "GO CARLITO" as his music hit at WM21. I can still see that dounut munching Kid looking at me thinking "Thats Not Cool"

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

with all the bad points with carlito the one thing i have to give him is despite his own efforts and wwe's efforts he seems to be winning over the crowd inspite of himself. somewhat reminds me of either a redneck or latino.

Ya got love the man's hairstyle though - NOW THAT'S COOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

I have to say he was really over with the crowd at the Point.They just loved to slag him. He had a pretty good match on RAW with HBK too. His in ring skills have improved since I first saw him on the Smackdown Tour early in the year. I agree on the finisher. If he is using the testdrive, he should have a name for it.

Any ideas for a name or an alternative finisher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Hulk4ever wrote:
    Ya got love the man's hairstyle though - NOW THAT'S COOL!
    Yeah, cuz that's what it's all about....:rolleyes:

Carlito's wrestling skills suck soooo bad. He's clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

I Spit in the face of people who dont think Carlito is Coool!!!

Here he is looking Cool as Ric Flair talks before they fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

He's definitely going places. Anyone see him holding his own at WrestleMania on the mic with Austin & Piper? He didn't look a bit nervous & the gimmick slipped seamlessly into the promo. He's not the excellence of execution in the ring by a long shot, but mic skills & attitude definitely make for a positive outlook on his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

I agree, Carlito has a great character. He's good on the mic, which is an obvious plus. His in ring skills aren't great yet but they're not too bad either. He'll definatly be one to watch.

Hopefully WWE won't push him into the WWE Title picture too soon though. I heard rumours he may be in the Elimination Chamber. I hope that's not true. I'd much rather see a slow build up to Main Event status for Carlito.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Moogle wrote:
    Any ideas for a name or an alternative finisher?

If it's the Test Drive as you said I like the name 'Fruit Winder'. Kellogs would be all over it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RavenX

He beat Cena on his debut with a DDT.

I hate Cena
    I hate Carlito
    I hate all this charisma over quality thing in WWE
    Long live TNA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

RavenX wrote:
    He beat Cena on his debut with a DDT.

I hate Cena
    I hate Carlito
    Long live TNA

So much hate and so near xmas. Me thinks you didnt get your jeff jarrett blow up doll from santa last year. THats not Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

He's facing Benjamin tonight in a qualifier to decide who goes into the Elimination Chamber WWE title match. (5 people carrying Cena instead of 1!)

I think Benjamin and HBK will lose their qualifiers and start a rivalry.

So Carlito will be in a WWE title match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

RavenX wrote:

Image/Gimmick/Mic Skills have been as important to Vince as actual wrestling skills for as long as he's owed WWF/WWE.

Obviously, there have been rare exceptions of guys who were gifted in all categories but by and large having only one could be enough to bring a guy success and people should by now learn to accept this because Vince isn’t going to change the formula, it's been very successful for him.

I think it long since been established that People who watch Pro Wrestling just for the wrestling shouldn’t look for it too much in WWE.

As for Carlito, he's no Angle skill wise obviously but he hardly stinks up the ring as if he was Vader at Taboo Tuesday.
    His "Charisma" is going to bring him far, no more proof is needed for that than his angle at WM with Austin and Piper.
    Is it wrong that a guy with such limited ring skills becomes successful over a "man of a thousand moves"?
    Not if he's entertaining enough doing what he does, and so far he's been very entertaining in my view.

Advertisement