Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Xams!!

Options
  • 28-11-2005 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if most people are having Christmas exams as well as their mocks????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yeah im having my Christmas exams this month, starting 17th I think and I have my mocks at the end of Febuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Yeah I have my christmas exams aswell as the mocks in February some time. I remember hearing not so long ago that some school in Galway have their mocks in november, probably around about now :eek: Has anyone else heard about this shool or any other school that does them that early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i know a school who is having theirs in december instead of Christmas exams

yeats grinds school have mocks have mocks every3weeks as far as i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

mine went so so crap. Prolly the worst set of exams i've ever sat. however I was expecting that. So I've put the behind me, they weren't a proper reflection of what I know, .... I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

no christmas exams but have mocks in february, does anyone else have their first week of mocks before the mid term and the second week after. Ruins a good mid-term.

ratboy wrote:
    no christmas exams but have mocks in february, does anyone else have their first week of mocks before the mid term and the second week after. Ruins a good mid-term.
    i think we've ours after the midterm..i wish we had them before though, that way we could relax during midterm

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

i think we've ours after the midterm..i wish we had them before though, that way we could relax during midterm
    Same here AFAIK, so no relaxing for me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

ratboy wrote:

Yeah mine are like that, we get the paper 2s of english irish and maths after the midterm, that it just going to wreck the head off me during the hols because everytime your chilling out or whatever the little voice in your head will be going 'Yanno, you really should be studying...' although I do have that voice talking to me at this very moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Im doing my xmas exams at the mo start on Friday & finish on this Friday, My mocks r sometime in Feb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

My xmas exams start in 2 weeks time-not sure when the pres are on.Exams make the year go faster me thinks coz youve always something to study for( which isnt fun)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

We had Christmas exams in sixth year. I think it's a good idea because it means you do a bit of work in well before the mocks, rather than just relying on the night before they start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

We have only Christmas exams, no mocks in our school. They're starting on Thursday 2 weeks (15th) and I'm finished the following Tuesday (20th). The best thing is that we don't have a maths exam because since we finished the course last Friday, we're just going to revise from now until May. That's literally half of my study time freed up for other subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Christmas exams soon, then mocks end of january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

Funkstard wrote:
    We have only Christmas exams, no mocks in our school. They're starting on Thursday 2 weeks (15th) and I'm finished the following Tuesday (20th). The best thing is that we don't have a maths exam because since we finished the course last Friday, we're just going to revise from now until May. That's literally half of my study time freed up for other subjects.

You have your maths course finished?!! Please tell me you aren't in honours! we still have most of book 2 to get through and we are now on 7 classes a week!!

Our exams were supposed to start early november but kept geting put back because of open days. they were supposed to start this friday but got put back again till next monday. They crammed them all into 2days except for one exam.

lost_soul wrote:
    You have your maths course finished?!! Please tell me you aren't in honours! we still have most of book 2 to get through and we are now on 7 classes a week!!

Our exams were supposed to start early november but kept geting put back because of open days. they were supposed to start this friday but got put back again till next monday. They crammed them all into 2days except for one exam.
    We've got to chapter 4 on the second book, if he's finished that course, he's a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yup, we finished it last Friday. We started in 4th year and ploughed our way through the course. It helps that we have one of the best maths teachers in Ireland :p ; It's not like he rushed us through, I know pretty much everything well. We couldn't be in a better position because we have 5/6 months of revision time!

However I wouldn't worry, he said the majority of schools would be waaay behind us.

And yes, it's the honours course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

We don't get Christmas exams as such, just some tests in class, though other teachers are giving us an average of the tests we've had all year.

Mocks late January/early February - before midterm anyway!

We're revising our maths course atm, mainly going over as many (c) parts as possible, so we're being given impossible tests on what we've revised. Yay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Funkstard wrote:
    I'm gonna have mine finished by the mocks

*High-five*

here's to pass maths :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

My christmas exams started this week. I'm here when I should be studying for english and maths tomorrow.

boards is a really **** thing for studying, i've lost about an hour of study time a day because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

caesar wrote:
    Yeah I have my christmas exams aswell as the mocks in February some time. I remember hearing not so long ago that some school in Galway have their mocks in november, probably around about now :eek: Has anyone else heard about this shool or any other school that does them that early?

Ya that's the Jezz. We finished our christmas exams last week and I've them all back except English. Pretty pleased with what I have so far:D

Lord Oz wrote:
    My christmas exams started this week.
    So if everyone's Christmas exams have started, is that why there's suddenly way more postings on this board? (you gotta love procrastinating)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

mine are this week!its so awful i swore that this year i was gonna study but im cramming the night before as per usual!!Does anyone else get those lumps on the side of your finger from writing so much!!!???theyre disgusting and painful!i hate exams...........

Yeah I used to get a lump on my middle finger from writing essays. Stupid essays! Seriously, your hand will be so sore after the first day of the Leaving Cert, there's hours and hours of writing

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

My Christmas tests are finally over yay!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm an external student...I don't get exams :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

This week I had 8 exams! :eek: I had half my german (2hours after skool), Biology 15 chapters, English paper 1 test, King lear quotes, chemistry but that was jus weekly test and oh my last irish test to add to d overall xmas grade! History every 2 week test dt wznt big deal and sometin else oh it was stupid poetry test!!! I had Maths xmas exam d week b4! Only have the other half of German now for xmas!! And den holidays on the 16th cant wait!! Im doing allright in d old exams A2 maths B3 irish not too bad!!

• Advertisement

omg d4gurl thats actually crazy!!

Advertisement