Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National and Ticketmaster

Options
  • 28-11-2005 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I bought a ticket to this gig way back in August. The ticket never arrived. I emailed ticketmaster about 3 weeks before the gig, which was on the 19th November, to let them know that the ticket hadn't arrived in the post. They emailed back asking for the credit card name and billing address. I replied with that info and got an email back to say that the ticket had been sent to the correct address way back in August and that I would have to wait and email them 5 days before the gig before they would deal with the problem.

So I emailed them 5 days before the gig to say the ticket still hadn't arrived. Ticketmaster said they'd leave a duplicate in the box office in Whelans and that I needed to bring my credit card and my confirmation email as means of identification. I turned up to the box office that night only to be told they didn't have a ticket with my name on it and I wouldn't be able to attend the gig.

It's now over a week later and I've emailed ticketmaster twice to let them know that I was "done", but they haven't gotten back to me. What do I do?! What do they usually do in this situation?! Anyone else have similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

i had a similar situation with the pat shortt gig in vicar st last year,i was to collect the ticket at the box office but when i got there they said i booked it for the previous nights show now i know i can be think at times but not that thick.

their confirmation email did not state what day i selected so i used it against them but i emailed pat shortts secretary from his website and cc'ed it to ticketmaster needless to say they got v upset that i bothered the performer with such trival details but after enough moaning they reissued the tickets for another night of my choice as the shows were still running at the time

you can contact your credit card provider and tell them of your situation but they may need some sort of proof that u did not recieve the ticket(hard i know maybe a statement for ticketmaster acknowledging u did not get it) before they will refund the money and let u on ur merry way for them to take up the problem

Advertisement