Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does any thing think its wierd....

• 28-11-2005 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

does any thing think its wierd that i havn't had my first french kiss yet. I'm 15 yrs old and i get more depressed about this as the days go by. my friends have all met (french kissed) by now and i always try to avoid people that talk about meetin just encase they ask me? I really feel like ****!:( :(:( :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

No its not weird at all. You are just feeling under pressure coz your friends have done it. Wait till you are ready. Don’t do it coz everyone else is at it. Do it coz you like a girl./boy and they like you. Its worth the wait believe me. Don’t stress little dude x x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Your friends, or at least some of your friends, are probably lying. I was 15 before I kissed anyone, and I later found out that most of my friends where around the same age.
    With my pals, most of us where aged between 12 - 17 getting our first proper kisses, so don't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Could be worse, I got my first one at 12, then didn't get my next one until I was 16, nearly 17...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Not weird at all! Just relax it will happen eventually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I had my first one with someone I cared about when I was 12.Don't worry most of the time its not good.Don't just go out and meet someone because everyone else has.do it with someone you care for and it'll be more special

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

jesus, its not having french kissed someone REALLY something to worry about? i dont get it.
    i didn't have my first 'proper' kiss til i was 16. but never once did i stress over the fact that it might be 'weird' that i hadn't kissed anyone. its a really silly thing to think about. i knew it was normal because i hadn't found anyone i really liked and who liked me too. i ended up going out with the guy for a year and loosing my virginity to him. he'll always be special too me, and im very glad i didn't go around playing beat the slapper at my local disco snogging guys i couldn't even see properly.
    good things come to those who wait :);)

had my first kiss when i was 14!man you should be putting out!you should be going on slut runs!you are the perfect age for them!head to the youth disco and have no fear!just charm them!most girls will admit they prefer a guy who can actually chat them up and make them feel good than an obnoxios vain bolix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I was 16 I think, so I wouldn't worry about it. You'll soon find out that it gets boring after awhile ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Some people are into their 20's before they get their first kiss. I got mine when I was 16.

No its not weird at all!i was nearly 16 before i kissed someone!just dont do it till your comfortable with it!i was always ****en (excuse the French) but i never let myself be forced into something i didnt want to do&dat was cool cause wen i met someone it was somneone i wanted to not someone i felt i had to!dont rush&regret it!its something ill always remember&dats a good thing!dont worry&smile it doesnt hurt i promise!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Not weird at all mate, dont be stressing about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

.do it with someone you care for and it'll be more special
    I have to disagree with Ash on tht one. I dont think it matters one bit who your first kiss is because youll be laughing about it when youre older either way. This is especially relevant to males, who are, generally, less sentimental about such things.

When you say "weird", if you mean "some sort of freak" the answer is obviously no. But if youre wondering if youre in the minority, the answer is probably yes.

I think it would be well worth your while fabricating some story if it comes up and youre put under pressure to talk about it. This sounds shallow, but at 15 the last thing you need is your mates slaggin you about personal stuff. I reckon the chances are your mates know youre not so experienced and are being sensitive to your feelings, which is kool.

I wouldnt like to condone underage drinking, but I reckon it realy is only a matter of time before things start happening for you. My memories of the being between 15 and 17 are lots of great piss ups in fields and house parties etc where there was lots of snogging for everyone.

Regardless of what people think, dont worry about if youll do it right or any of that. Youll be naturally a good kisser if you kiss how it feels you want to. Closing your eyes and stickin your tongue out is obviously a bad idea.
    French kissing isnt everyones cup of tea [not mine either] and most adults rarely french kiss full on with tongues and all that. We just skrew mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

It's not weird I was 15 when I had my first kiss (20 now).. The opportunity never came up until I was that age.. Ask yourself why you think it's weird.. Because all your friends have done it and you haven't?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My first kiss was when I was just turned 13 with some random guy at a disco. I never even got his name and it doesn't bother me in the slightest! My flatmate, who's GORGEOUS, was 16 before she had her first kiss. It's normal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

does any thing think its wierd that i havn't had my first french kiss yet. I'm 15 yrs old and i get more depressed about this as the days go by. my friends have all met (french kissed) by now and i always try to avoid people that talk about meetin just encase they ask me? I really feel like ****!:( :(:( :mad:

I didnt have my first kiss till I was 16 then nne again till I was 18. Then you couldnt hold me back. Honestly, dont stress about it, I swear to god there are allot of people who havent kissed by 15. And allot of them who have said they have are lieing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

don't be stressing at all, its really no big deal. i know it probably seems like everyone is snogging away havin a ball, but half of them are lying, the other half are probably just snogging their teddies/ posters/ hands :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Could be worse, I got my first one at 12, then didn't get my next one until I was 16, nearly 17...

Wow, thats a pretty big gap. I was about 13 I think when I first had a proper kiss. Even at 13 I felt like it was too long, and that I was missing out on what everyone else took for granted.

The point: You'd be surprised how many are the same as you. I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it. It'll happen sooner or later trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Well its nothing to worry about but everyone has a kiss eventually (i think) :rolleyes: i was like 7 when i had my first frenchie lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

listen to womoma good words there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭half_life_man

bump

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

bump

why did you bump this thread?
    if there is something else you wish to ask, ask it, but don't bump a thread in here for no reason.
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

You have nothing to worry about, seriously. There are a lot of people who had never kissed anyone by 15. Believe me, some of your friends are probably lying (and when you're all a bit older they'll probably admit it too!)

Just relax and it'll happen when it happens, its no big deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Not weird in the slightest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

your only 15 so nothing to feel ashamed about. Just enjoy life and be yourself and the girls will come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

No relax, it's not a big deal. I wouldn't have had it until 16 if it wasn't for some dare on the back of a bus.

There's a lot more people than you, they just don't advertise it.

If you're that worried go to deh dishhco

i can't even remember what age i was...think it was over a game of spin the bottle when i was like 13.

you think thats bad at 15 ? be glad you're not me then, i'm almost 25 and due to lack of confidence i ain't even been remotely close to a girl yet, although i've had plenty of offers ... just don't worry as you are lucky to be still young :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Once again im reverting to my default link when faced with this kind of question.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054850372

THe point?
    a) It could be a hell of a lot worse.
    b) your teeth alone mean you stand out in comparison to this guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

its not weird , if you where 30 and you hadnt kissed it might be but dont worry about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

my opinion(for the flamers):

yes it is,now do somehting about it instead of making it worse

as for me,im glad i had my first meet when i was in 5th class (11 i think?) and im happy as it has stopped me from falling into the false stereotype that your first kiss should be some magical thing towards someone you love,when in reality, a first kiss is usually so embarrassing afterwords the relationship is usually destroyed :p

also note, this belief usually gets stronger as you get older and older that it usually gets to the stage where lads are afraid to go for it even when they geta clear chance...

i say,just go with whatever mates you have that are into discos and stuff,and just go through the crowds asking every bird you would be willing to meet...
    you should get atleast a few scores out of it and should accomplish 3 things

1. lose your 'fridginity' :D
    2. put doubt in your mates minds that you were a fridgit before and would mean that they wouldnt be likely to slag you about it being your first..
    3. open your eyes to what first kiss's actually are, sloppy spit swaps that usually make you feel dirty..they only get good after some practice and both parties actually know what they are doing :p

opinion off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Didn't kiss anyone 'till I was 18 :P

Don't worry too much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

DAEDULUS wrote:
    my opinion(for the flamers):

i say,just go with whatever mates you have that are into discos and stuff,and just go through the crowds asking every bird you would be willing to meet...
    you should get atleast a few scores out of it and should accomplish 3 things

1. lose your 'fridginity' :D
    2. put doubt in your mates minds that you were a fridgit before and would mean that they wouldnt be likely to slag you about it being your first..
    3. open your eyes to what first kiss's actually are, sloppy spit swaps that usually make you feel dirty..they only get good after some practice and both parties actually know what they are doing :p

Agreed. I know it's not really romantic or anything, but it's how me and alot of my mates got it over and done with, and it also means that when you find that "someone special" you'll know how its done! Hardly anyone I know liked their 1st kiss so i suppose it's best to get it out of the way anyway

Advertisement